Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

HJ,HDJ,FZJ differences 80series.

54mm TOYOTA Hub spanner now in stock!
CLICKY LINK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
no19890918
Gate Opener

Odometer: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: HJ,HDJ,FZJ differences 80series. Reply with quote

Hello,

Does anyone can say me whats the difference between 80series HJ and HDJ and FZJ for this information i would be verry greatfull.

I am looking to buy 80series LC as i know it comes from factory with front and rear axles diff locks, but i check youtube and often see front axle 1 tire doesnt spin i think the answer is in models HJ,HDJ,FZJ.

So my question is whats the difference between HJ,HDJ,FZJ 80series.
I am looking for LC with full lock 4x4 drive.

Thank you for your time. Karolis.
plasticbadger
Gate Opener

Odometer: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H/HD/FZ reference refers to the engine type, the first two are the diesels, the last the petrol. All models could come with or without axle lockers.

How to find one with lockers depends what market you're buying from. Most UK HDJs come with lockers, from what I see very few USA FZJs have them, Japanese and mainland Europe seem to be more of a mix with and without.

When looking at ones for sale you should be able to spot the rotary 'diff lock' switch on the lower main dash to the left of the steering column (right hand drive). There's also an axle code on the VIN plate that tells you, but I'll have check mine to see what the lockers code is.

Don't forget when you see videos the truck may have lockers, but not engaged!
no19890918
Gate Opener

Odometer: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plasticbadger wrote:
H/HD/FZ reference refers to the engine type, the first two are the diesels, the last the petrol. All models could come with or without axle lockers.

How to find one with lockers depends what market you're buying from. Most UK HDJs come with lockers, from what I see very few USA FZJs have them, Japanese and mainland Europe seem to be more of a mix with and without.

When looking at ones for sale you should be able to spot the rotary 'diff lock' switch on the lower main dash to the left of the steering column (right hand drive). There's also an axle code on the VIN plate that tells you, but I'll have check mine to see what the lockers code is.

Don't forget when you see videos the truck may have lockers, but not engaged!

Thank you verry mutch for your answer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Toyota All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: