Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Member Discounts -> Adrian Flux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xpajun
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 3245

1988 Mitsubishi Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

I know not what the circumstances are but it is being posted on Facebook that Adrian Flux is refusing to insure someone for a Landrover...

Seen a few other posts over the months along this line - I'd like to know what is going on...
mike328
Articulating

Odometer: 793

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAAANNN!?!
Nightbar
Difflock Royalty

Odometer: 20799

1999 Land Rover Defender

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Friday night...

...give him until 0830 tomorrow then go for it Cool

(but like any story - there are 2 sides: the truth and what people post on farcebook)

Plant a tree for the Difflock 3
mike328
Articulating

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

Xpajun wrote:
refusing to insure someone for a Landrover...

were they trying to get insurance against water ingress or corrosion? Laughing

Xpajun
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 3245

1988 Mitsubishi Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

mike328 wrote:
Xpajun wrote:

LOL - dunno - but at the same time someone else was complaining about AF tripling their premium this year for no obvious reason (e.g. claims, convictions etc.)
** GED **
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2039

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

Xpajun wrote:
mike328 wrote:
Xpajun wrote:

LOL - dunno - but at the same time someone else was complaining about AF tripling their premium this year for no obvious reason (e.g. claims, convictions etc.)

well, funnily enough, im not with them any more either.

my musso insurance was £450. i moved to the rexton, one year newer and they gave me my recalculated premium.

£2000.

yup, two grand for the essentially same vehicle and one year newer.

now im a firm believer that if one insurance company can insure you for a set amount, then they should all be around the same price?

most brokers (like flux) use the same underwriters and the same companies.

so if ABC can insure you for an arbitary £700, then so should DEF, GHI, and JKL.

obviously there will be the odd £100 quid fluctuation, but £1300?

now when i told them i wasnt continuing, someone rang me to ask why.

i explained that sw****n had offered me the exact same cover for £700.

within seconds the reply came "ok, we`ll match that, ill send the paperwork out"....

so, my insurance had just dropped by "1300 in one telephone chat.

now im a simple bloke, so the natural deduction that i came to was that if they could cover me for £700, then by quoting me £2000 they were in effect ripping me off for another £1300..

i declined.

and there the story ended.

until i was contacted by a firm of solicitors claiming that i owed Fux £450 cancellation fees.

they were very insistant.

do you think they got it?

do you think i will ever use them, or reccomend them again?

Rolling Eyes

Member of TEAM CHAOS
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Gate Opener

Odometer: 40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

Xpajun wrote:
I know not what the circumstances are but it is being posted on Facebook that Adrian Flux is refusing to insure someone for a Landrover...

Seen a few other posts over the months along this line - I'd like to know what is going on...

Hi,

There are many instances under which we would be unable to offer cover. Without knowing the exact circumstances I would be unable to comment as to why in this case.

Dan
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Gate Opener

Odometer: 40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

** GED ** wrote:
Xpajun wrote:
mike328 wrote:
Xpajun wrote:

well, funnily enough, im not with them any more either.

my musso insurance was £450. i moved to the rexton, one year newer and they gave me my recalculated premium.

£2000.

yup, two grand for the essentially same vehicle and one year newer.

now im a firm believer that if one insurance company can insure you for a set amount, then they should all be around the same price?

most brokers (like flux) use the same underwriters and the same companies.

so if ABC can insure you for an arbitary £700, then so should DEF, GHI, and JKL.

obviously there will be the odd £100 quid fluctuation, but £1300?

now when i told them i wasnt continuing, someone rang me to ask why.

i explained that sw****n had offered me the exact same cover for £700.

within seconds the reply came "ok, we`ll match that, ill send the paperwork out"....

so, my insurance had just dropped by "1300 in one telephone chat.

now im a simple bloke, so the natural deduction that i came to was that if they could cover me for £700, then by quoting me £2000 they were in effect ripping me off for another £1300..

i declined.

and there the story ended.

until i was contacted by a firm of solicitors claiming that i owed Fux £450 cancellation fees.

they were very insistant.

do you think they got it?

do you think i will ever use them, or reccomend them again?

Rolling Eyes

Sorry to hear this.

As we are a broker we have access to many different schemes but are ultimately underwritten by the insurers we use, who set the prices. We have schemes that are specifically designed to beat target rates but without any kind of target present we have to rely on the prices our insurers give us.

I apologize if this has ruined your perception of us, and am sorry that we have lost out on your future business.

Regards
Dan
** GED **
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2039

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX wrote:
we have to rely on the prices our insurers give us.

Regards
Dan

then how come you managed to drop it from the quoted £2000 the the "we`ll match that " £700 instantly.

the only logical conclusion is that i was being grossly overcharged.

shop around people.

Cheers Dan.

Member of TEAM CHAOS
mike328
Articulating

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX wrote:
There are many instances under which we would be unable to offer cover. Without knowing the exact circumstances I would be unable to comment as to why in this case.

How many times is it due to the person trying to insure, not the car being insured?

TJ_in_Dubai
Just got MTs

Odometer: 371

1997 Jeep Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god I don't have to play the UK car insurance rip off game.

My modified 4.0 Wrangler costs me 127 GBP for 3rd party F&T. My GSX-R 750 used to cost the same.....

I feel for you lot!

RichardD
Marshall

Odometer: 22856

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spend a lot of money on insurance, a hell of a lot. In fact, over £10,000 per year between family, hobbies and business and in my experience Insurers are like any business and will try to charge what the market will bear and they often get it very very wrong.

I had a sales guy, in his late 60's, who received his renewal notice on the day of renewal from Kwikfit insurance increasing his premium from £200 to £700 with no changes to his circumstances bar his and the car's ages. He was in a panic and about to pay it when I checked online and got a quote of ..... £200.

We called the Insurer and told them of the discrepancy and the answer was "oh, that's just a standard letter. You should always call to renew". BULLSH**T, they thought they could panic a pensioner into coughing up and extra £500.

Like Ged's case, its not obviously a good business model but for every person who checks and goes elsewhere there are plenty who will cough up.

The days of customer loyalty being rewarded have long gone, we are now rewarded for being fickle and insurance is no different.

Last year my house insurance renewal went from £700 to £1300 so I shopped around and got it for £250. I was delighted until I found I had nothing like the cover, nor customer service, I was looking for. This year my premium was £700 again (with a different insurer) but with fantastic customer service which is just as well as someone has crashed into my house again. My old insurer would have left me to do all the running around and fought everything (despite it being a 3rd party's fault) but my new one, Aviva, through a local broker have been fantastic.

Caveat emptor and shop around, and remember that they may not want you as a customer that year so the only 'polite' way to move you on is to increase the price.

For the record, I've used Adrian Flux on and off for decades and currently have a car policy with them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Member Discounts -> Adrian Flux All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: