Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

Poor rear brakes ? Check out those fluid lines !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danie
Winch Assistant

Odometer: 66

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Poor rear brakes ? Check out those fluid lines ! Reply with quote

I was considering a rear disc brake mod to improve my Nivas'brakes, but have just discovered that both brake fluid lines at the rear axle (located at both sides of the T-piece at the rear axle) have been squashed (flattened) completely at different locations - therefore the brake fluid flow to each wheel has obviously been restricted to a very large extend.

Anyone out there who also experience a poor brake problem ,just have a very close look at those two brake fluid lines between the T- piece and the wheels at the rear axle - it might also be blocked (flattened) at certain locations...
gadgetboy
Off-Road Guru

Odometer: 1947

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the first page of the brake section in the repair manuals.

Quote:
Inspection and adjustment

Pipelines and connections - inspection

To prevent any occasional failure of the braking system carefully inspect all pipelines:

- metal pipelines should have no dents or cracks and should lie far from sharp edges that can damage them

Danie
Winch Assistant

Odometer: 66

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, some time ago I have bougt a 2nd Niva at a very good price, and the latest idea is to use this ( badly rusted) 2nd Niva for spare part purposes. Since my original post (this topic) I decided to use the the brake fluid lines at my 2nd Niva's rear axle at my original Niva's axle, but guess what........the brake fluid pipe between the T- piece and the right rear wheel at my 2nd Niva has a similar problem Confused

,,,,,,,,,,,which makes me wonder - how on earth is it possible that brake fluid pipes which has been installed ON TOP of the rear axles can get damaged like that Question
Toseland
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 3209

1999 Suzuki Vitara

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stones, rocks, etc.. you would be best fitting a set of nice braided hoses in this respect, from the T piece in the center, to the cylinders..

speak to dave at llama4x4, i cannot recommend this guy highly enough.. even when i am not buying things he is one of the most helpful guys i know.

The feeling you get when you first smash your shaft out, is one you will never forget.. especially if you do it in front of 10 guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Lada All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: