Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

suspicious message tag prefixing email topic alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Comments, Suggestions, Problems (and a few rules!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seriesdriver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: suspicious message tag prefixing email topic alerts Reply with quote

Hi, can anyone help explain why I am getting my email topic alerts from this forum tagged with a prefix (SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE) ?
I have set the domain as a safe sender a couple of days back and repeated it today but it's still doing it Shocked
Thanks in advance.
seriesdriver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had another look at the link in the topic alert emails I have been receiving and they are coming from http //: secure-web.cisco.com ????
Toseland
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 3209

1999 Suzuki Vitara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriesdriver wrote:
Just had another look at the link in the topic alert emails I have been receiving and they are coming from http //: secure-web.cisco.com ????

do you have a linksys router?

The feeling you get when you first smash your shaft out, is one you will never forget.. especially if you do it in front of 10 guys.
seriesdriver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.?
Xpajun
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 3245

1988 Mitsubishi Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My broadband company's email always tags Homebase emails as spam - it's basically because they use a broad spectrum to cover all possible spam alerts

I had to remove Spam Assassin from my own (on site) emails last year because it had become stupidly over powerful spam marking everything - including my own outgoing emails.

I'm guessing you have the same problem - you can only cure if you own the email address i.e. not a google, hotmail, yahoo et.al. address
seriesdriver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My AV is the free version of AVG. I have run Spybot and found nothing so where is this software on my machine?
I selected difflock.com as a safe,trusted source via their link that appears when i try to connect but it is still tagging this site!!
Xpajun
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 3245

1988 Mitsubishi Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriesdriver wrote:
My AV is the free version of AVG. I have run Spybot and found nothing so where is this software on my machine?
I selected difflock.com as a safe,trusted source via their link that appears when i try to connect but it is still tagging this site!!

Its not on your machine it is on your ISP's server - It's protecting you ( Rolling Eyes ) from nasties but it's not intelligent enough to know that you want some of what it thinks is a "SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE"

I don't think I have any emails showing the points system that the anti spam software work on otherwise I'd post it.

Either way it is nothing for you to worry about unless the email comes from a source that you do not recognise or it is posted to one of your email addresses (if you have more than one) that is not registered for that mail e.g. your registered email address for PayPal is seriesdriver@paypal.co.uk but you receive a email to thisismyrealname@paypal.co.uk - the latter is a plisher (fake email)
seriesdriver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant reply, many thanks thought I was loosing my touch not being able to trace it.
thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Comments, Suggestions, Problems (and a few rules!) All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: