Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

has anyone installed a hydrogen cell thing to thier car?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> LPG, Bio Diesel and Alternative Fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samsport
Winch Assistant

Odometer: 77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: has anyone installed a hydrogen cell thing to thier car? Reply with quote

I these hydrogen cells seem to work and pretty well so i am interested if anyone has done this to thiers and what they did to fit it and how it is day to day??
scut44

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.switch2hydrogen.com
http://www.hydrogenconversionkits.org

I read on the internet that they are almost as good as magic beans.

george
Toseland
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 3209

1999 Suzuki Vitara

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they comparable to snake oil yet?

nice idea.. chemically impractical..

The feeling you get when you first smash your shaft out, is one you will never forget.. especially if you do it in front of 10 guys.
fattyfattyboomalatty
Just got MTs

Odometer: 153

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is the way forward for "green" vehicles, Toyota have produced a hydrogen powered vehicle but they are strugling with storage of the hydrogen in case of impact.
P.S did you know that if we all changed to "full electric" cars we would need to build 1000 power stations to cope with the extra demand.

samsport
Winch Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems to be a very simple add-on.a small bottle of water with some white viniger some very basic wiring and a hose to carry the produced gas to the manifold that just helps fuel burn better thus increasing power amd mpg.
scut44

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find the Water & Distilled White Vinegar is good for cleaning stains and odour under arm on clothing, but will not produce the gas you want.

Now some Ammonia, Hydrogen Peroxide H2O2 & Water H2O and Vinegar is interesting.

Go for it and let us know how you get on.
What is the worst that can happen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1QepL3-2XA

george
samsport
Winch Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wanna try it but OH DEAR i dont fancy that under the bonnet
Chris Ennis
Just got MTs

Odometer: 349

1992 Range Rover 3.9 Vogue SE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading into HHO aswell and it seems if its set up right it can work well (upto 30% extra MPG)

It also seems like the only people who say it doesnt work are the ones that havent tried it!!!

i once fitted one of those little magnets to the fuel line on a celica i had and for under £10 i was getting an extra 25miles per full tank but if i said on here that you can save fuel by fitting a magnet i'd get slated for it

as for the HHo kit being dangerous, of course it is BUT your battery produces the same gas whilst its charging and nobody seems worried about fitting extra batterys for winches

i'd say its no more dangerous than a LPG system, in fact i'd prefer to have a HHo kit explode rather than a LPG tank at least with HHo the gas is used as its produced rather than stored on the vehicle

chris
scut44

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont always need to try something yourself if you know someone else that has.
Often better that way than just reading about it from someone that you do not know, or that is possibly trying to sell you something. Wink

It will be good to hear how you get on with your system when you install one.

george

PS. I used to sell quite a lot of those magnets & made quite a bit of money from them.
Not that i used them myself to get a 5-10% fuel savving like you.
I earned enough from signing up people to sell them that MPG did not matter to me at that time.
Sold lots of Fuel saving tablets at one time, well never actually sold the tablets, but signed up people to sell them, if you know what i mean.

Sold Magnets for wrists as well, people still use them to this day.
Chris Ennis
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it certainly will be interesting to see how it goes as everything i've read up on has been run with petrol and a couple of diesels and i plan to run mine with my LPG system and although people say it works and i cant see why it wont nobody has actually said they use it,

i'm getting roughly 12-14 mpg at the moment so even 1 mpg extra would be a good gain as in reality with the price of LPG against petrol it will equate to 2mpg

chris

P.S as for the magnets, if people actually believed me i'd recommend them to anyone, as i said i got 25 miles a tank extra per tank and i was using a full tank every week so it saved me alot of money over a few months
its GED

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paenut1985 wrote:

i'm getting roughly 12-14 mpg at the moment

what are you driving?
scotty wong
Just got MTs

Odometer: 472

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go ahead and stick it on mate......what usually happens is iy makes you drive better and ......you save fuel!! then the big wow it works bit and you become one of the pyramid selling franchises .....then you go bankrupt.

the pumps are not efficient enough yet and the claims are based on using very low ron fuels they have in the states(which make the motor very inefficient in the 1st place)

scotty

scut44

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often forgoten when people read US MPG's,
its not only the low Ron over there,
they only get 3.78.. litres in a US Gallon. compared to our very generous 4.54...

LPG here is already giving a nice energy equivelent to using something like 110 octane when the engine is built and tuned to take advantage of it.

george
its GED

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats wrong with chipfat, petrol, diesel and a bit of water?

all in the same tank too Laughing Laughing
Chris Ennis
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ged its a 3.9 v8 RRC and scotty it wont make me drive any different, one of the main reasons i've still got it is the noise it makes.

for the amount i use it i can live with the MPG but of course i would like more MPG as does everyone and if i do see any gains i will probably try it on my van too as that only does about 22mpg and with the price of diesel it cost a fortune to run and i use that everyday

i'll keep you posted when i do get round to fitting one

chris
samsport
Winch Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paenut1985 wrote:
it certainly will be interesting to see how it goes as everything i've read up on has been run with petrol and a couple of diesels and i plan to run mine with my LPG system and although people say it works and i cant see why it wont nobody has actually said they use it,

i'm getting roughly 12-14 mpg at the moment so even 1 mpg extra would be a good gain as in reality with the price of LPG against petrol it will equate to 2mpg

chris

P.S as for the magnets, if people actually believed me i'd recommend them to anyone, as i said i got 25 miles a tank extra per tank and i was using a full tank every week so it saved me alot of money over a few months

magnets????
spannerman69
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2807

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its GED wrote:
whats wrong with chipfat, petrol, diesel and a bit of water?

all in the same tank too Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

spannerman69
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2807

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i once asked a friend of mine about this .
know he works with gas`s all day some go bang and some don`t .
his answer was ,why would you want a hydrogen bomb under the bonnet , enough said i never went any further with the idea .

nivaman
Articulating

Odometer: 929

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spannerman69 wrote:
i once asked a friend of mine about this .
know he works with gas`s all day some go bang and some don`t .
his answer was ,why would you want a hydrogen bomb under the bonnet , enough said i never went any further with the idea .

The battery produces hydrogen when charging, engines run on petrol, diesel or lpg, it seems no body is worried about driving a potential bomb with quite a few btu in the gas tank.
The hydrogen on demand device itself is quite a bit different than a hydrogen bomb, there is a big hydrogen ball floating in space, if that goes we are all brown bread.
Hydrogen from water and fed into an engine burns very quickly, so quick the timing needs to be advanced to tdc to make the engine run properly.
Petrol,diesel will leak from the tank in a car crash, lpg is heavier than air and sinks to the ground, these will continue burning until they are used up, whereas hydrogen is lighter than air and burns very quickly.
Hydrogen needs a little water vapour added to make it burn slow enough to get any power out of it.
I once run a B&S engine on hydrogen, i built a hydrogen generator and took off the fuel tank and plugged the hose into the intake, i did this to prove or disprove to myself that it worked or not, work it did but not for very long as the device i built could not keep up with the engines demand.
When it did run the engine sounded different to being run on petrol.

its GED

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nivaman wrote:

The battery produces hydrogen when charging, engines run on petrol, diesel or lpg,

errrrr.................

nivaman wrote:

Petrol,diesel will leak from the tank in a car crash, lpg is heavier than air and sinks to the ground, these will continue burning until they are used up,

errrrrrr.........................

looks like i`m ahead here then...................
Rossko
Articulating

Odometer: 757

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsport wrote:
magnets????

http://fuelsaving.info/magnets.htm

Dave69
Gate Opener

Odometer: 29

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have these devices been tested by an independant test house under control conditions and on a market related vehicle ???

the true answer is NO. all the information is from the makers who have tested the devices in unrepeatable conditions on varying public highways.

they are relying on the placebo effect to give a sense of the device working. There are people who swear these work which is their right to but scientifically there is no proven data to confirm this. When these ideas came out years back the company i worked at looked into this and the only benefits shown were within test tolerences. The companies who approached for testing to be done on their product were not realy interested by the result except to get the endorsment of the product was tested at this test house so to boost confidence in their product, on the reputation of the testing company.

Sorry guys but your better off milking some snake oil
nivaman
Articulating

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave69 wrote:
Have these devices been tested by an independant test house under control conditions and on a market related vehicle ???

the true answer is NO. all the information is from the makers who have tested the devices in unrepeatable conditions on varying public highways.

they are relying on the placebo effect to give a sense of the device working. There are people who swear these work which is their right to but scientifically there is no proven data to confirm this. When these ideas came out years back the company i worked at looked into this and the only benefits shown were within test tolerences. The companies who approached for testing to be done on their product were not realy interested by the result except to get the endorsment of the product was tested at this test house so to boost confidence in their product, on the reputation of the testing company.

Sorry guys but your better off milking some snake oil

Of course they have not been tested, the true answer is YES they have been tested by people whom most of them don't have the means to keep getting them tested ad infinitum by these "independant test houses".
Stump up and tell us what this company was that you worked at and what these test tolerances were?.
You say this is snake oil but you don't back up your claims.

nivaman
Articulating

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its GED wrote:
nivaman wrote:

The battery produces hydrogen when charging, engines run on petrol, diesel or lpg,

errrrr.................

nivaman wrote:

Petrol,diesel will leak from the tank in a car crash, lpg is heavier than air and sinks to the ground, these will continue burning until they are used up,

errrrrrr.........................

looks like i`m ahead here then...................

I was not talking about wvo powered vehicles.

its GED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see thats the trouble with generalisations.

theres always a smartass can blow you out of the water.
nivaman
Articulating

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its GED wrote:
see thats the trouble with generalisations.

theres always a smartass can blow you out of the water.

No biggie to me.
I like to try things for myself, i do listen to others points of view but i do not follow them blindly.
So i forgot to include others who run vege oil only in their vehicle, so what!, the generalisation is (Most) people run the conventional fuels (Petrol, Diesel and Lpg).

its GED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes dear.
samsport
Winch Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have started getting things together to build the generator myself now.
the main problem i have at the moment is where to draw power from.

i do not want a switch because i am forgetfull and the build up of hydrogen when i forget to turn it off could be explosive,so i need it to come on when the engine does which is not too hard but what is hard is finding something that does not come on while glow plugs are warming but does when the engine is running.
Rossko
Articulating

Odometer: 757

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a relay worked off the oil pressure warning switch.
What sort of current does your device draw?

cai876
Just got MTs

Odometer: 110

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These hydrogen things don't work. If it did make more fuel than it used in making the fuel with the hydrogen generator then the engine would carry on running after you run out of petrol Laughing

2000 Suzuki GV2000 with VW 1.9TDI conversion - Goes like stink and does a million miles to the gallon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> LPG, Bio Diesel and Alternative Fuels All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: