Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

Terrano remote
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Nissan, Mitsubishi, Isuzu (inc Vauxhall) & Daihatsu
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ste68blue
Gate Opener

Odometer: 44

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Terrano remote Reply with quote

Hi all, i wonder if anybody can help?

My Terrano central locking remote does not seem to work, i have replaced the batteries with new ones but it still does not work.

Is there a procedure that has to be carried out?

Also, i am considering buying an additional remote from ebay, if i do will i be able to make it work on my car?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
stephen
GRUNDYD
Gate Opener

Odometer: 32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines is the same if i stand and count to 30 it locks fine as i think the ecu for locking has been fried as i did it Embarassed
agrimax
Just got MTs

Odometer: 136

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this site.Worked for mine although it took a few attempts for some reason.http://www.programyourkeys.com/Nissan_Terano_Key_Remote_Control_Fob_Transponder_Programming.html
agrimax
Just got MTs

Odometer: 136

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if that link will work but if not,www.programyourkeys.com and scroll down to nissan terrano will get you there.
ste68blue
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the replies, it is much appreciated.

I have had a look at that link, i will give it a go or two tomorrow and let you know how i get on.

Cheers
stephen
ivorbiggin
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2485

1996 Ford Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to, the second part of your question is, yes if you buy another remote from flea bay it should be able to be porogramed in, i bought my Maverick without any remotes at all, so i got a secondhand one and reprogramed it, and ive just bought another from ebay,
OOPS that wasnt you i outbid was it Laughing

Ivor
ste68blue
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ivor, thanks for the reply

With the Nissan NATS system when i lock and unlock using the key should the light/ indicators flash...??

Because they don't....

There is a company selling the remotes buy it now for about £12.00 which i dont think is too bad
ivorbiggin
Mud Obsessed

1996 Ford Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the key wont operate the indicator flash, only the plip will.
Im a skinflint, got a s/h one from ebay for a fiver
ste68blue
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway i can check that the remote is working before i try programming it?

I have replaced the batteries with new ones
ivorbiggin
Mud Obsessed

1996 Ford Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they can be tested , but youll have to take it to an auto electrcian, or radio shop. They will test to see if its putting out an RF signal.
easiest way is to put the batteries in and programe it.
If nothing works get it tested.
Rf plips can be affected by outside signals that stop them from working.
The RAC, AA are always being called out to the Spinnaker tower car park in Portsmouth, theres something there that seems to jam RF plips, especially Renault ones, my friend who is an AA patrolman is constantly, breaking into cars and towing them out of the carpark, once clear of the car park the plip will operate, and de-immobilise the car
ste68blue
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried programming my plip and it doesn't seem to work so i have bought another of the bay....
ivorbiggin
Mud Obsessed

1996 Ford Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the destructions from the manual
ivorbiggin
Mud Obsessed

1996 Ford Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive dropped a very large clanger on this.
Ive just tried programming my purchased from fleabay fob, it wont work.
Looked on the back it works at 433 mhz, mine works on 418 mhz, hence why it wont work,
Seems some Nissan Terrano,s work on a different frequency to Ford Mavericks, i thought they would all be the same
Check the part number and frequency is compatible first.

Ivor

Last edited by ivorbiggin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ste68blue
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi quick update....i bought a new (used) plip off ebay, tried to programme it and it doesn't seem to work.

All the numbers on the back match but when i get to the stage in the programming when the indicators flash twice and you hold the unlock button then press the lock button 3 times nothing seems to happen, the indicators should flash once indicating the programme was successful....but nothing

Any suggestions???
ivorbiggin
Mud Obsessed

1996 Ford Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the part number of the fob you have purchased and what frequency does it work on?
Ive just purchased another one from Fleabay, this time with matching part number, and frequency, tried to programme it in, with no joy.
Checked the batteries inside and they were duff.
Installed new bat,s did the programming and its now working.
ste68blue
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my part number is 5WK4 600 which is the same as the one that came with the car.

I tried to programme it a couple of times without joy so i replaced the batteries wit the new ones i had bought for my plip, tried it again a couple of times but it does not work...any suggestions?
ivorbiggin
Mud Obsessed

1996 Ford Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK firstly take a look at these fobs on ebay, both have the same part number 5wk4 600, One seller says it works at 418 mhz the 0ther 433.92 mhz,
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sis.html?_nkw=Nissan+2+B...S+5WK4+782+418MHz

If you have the old fob, it should have the frequency it works on printed on the back, if not open it up, the frequency should be printed on the circuit board. the new fob wont work if its a different frequency, and ebay sellers do get it wrong as i have found out.
On the link look at the top row ,centre fob and the far right fob, both are same part number but different frequencys, both listed for the Terrano.
fridgman
Gate Opener

Odometer: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just browsing for anything useful and saw this thread. My 97 maverick didn't come with a fob, just a key, and I wondered if it might of had one? How would I know and how can I find out frquency needed etc?
Sorge
Gate Opener

Odometer: 6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Maverick / Terrano Remote Reply with quote

Hi all, was hoping someone might help with a remote fob issue I have with my 1998 2.4i Maverick (round headlights), it didn't come with a remote so I've followed the guidance shown on this forum, first checking my NATS frequency which is 433.92Mhz and then buying a 2nd hand eBay Siemens unit model 5WK4 664, this is the one supplied as the 'correct' unit for my vehicle by the seller and although it says Nissan on the front, on the rear under the Siemens label it also says Ford!
First fitted two new CR1620 batteries then followed programing guide, six turns of key, vehicle indicators flash twice, hold down the ‘black’ unlock button and press the ‘red’ lock button three times but the indicators will not flash once to confirm programing has been achieved, has anyone got a 1998 Maverick to confirm this is the correct remote model that’s been supplied please?
ivorbiggin
Mud Obsessed

1996 Ford Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Maverick / Terrano Remote Reply with quote

Sorge wrote:
Hi all, was hoping someone might help with a remote fob issue I have with my 1998 2.4i Maverick (round headlights), it didn't come with a remote so I've followed the guidance shown on this forum, first checking my NATS frequency which is 433.92Mhz and then buying a 2nd hand eBay Siemens unit model 5WK4 664, this is the one supplied as the 'correct' unit for my vehicle by the seller and although it says Nissan on the front, on the rear under the Siemens label it also says Ford!
First fitted two new CR1620 batteries then followed programing guide, six turns of key, vehicle indicators flash twice, hold down the ‘black’ unlock button and press the ‘red’ lock button three times but the indicators will not flash once to confirm programing has been achieved, has anyone got a 1998 Maverick to confirm this is the correct remote model that’s been supplied please?

5wk4 664 is a Nissan fob, and it wont work on a Maverick, been there got the T shirt and the fob.
The Ford fob transmits on 418MHZ not 433 and the part number is 5wk4 782.
Mines a 98 Maverick, my fob has Ford written on the front but Nissan in small writing on the label at the back Rolling Eyes

Last edited by ivorbiggin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ivorbiggin
Mud Obsessed

1996 Ford Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fridgman wrote:
Just browsing for anything useful and saw this thread. My 97 maverick didn't come with a fob, just a key, and I wondered if it might of had one? How would I know and how can I find out frquency needed etc?

If its the round headlight model it should have a fob. Not sure about the earlier models.
You can buy another fob and programe it to your car, see the above posts

Sorge
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Maverick / Terrano Remote Reply with quote

ivorbiggin wrote:
5wk4 664 is a Nissan fob, and it wont work on a Maverick, been there got the T shirt and the fob.
Mines a 98 Maverick, my fob has Ford written on the front but Nissan in small writing on the label at the back

Many thanks for your reply but my unit under the dashboard says it's a 5WK4 661 operating on 433.92Mhz and the remote fob that eBay seller has supplied is a 5WK4 664 also operating on 433.92Mhz, so is this not a correct match as you're suggesting Maverick's operate at 418Mhz which mine appears not to?
ivorbiggin
Mud Obsessed

1996 Ford Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Maverick / Terrano Remote Reply with quote

Sorge wrote:
ivorbiggin wrote:
Mines a 98 Maverick, my fob has Ford written on the front but Nissan in small writing on the label at the back

Many thanks for your reply but my unit under the dashboard says it's a 5WK4 661 operating on 433.92Mhz and the remote fob that eBay seller has supplied is a 5WK4 664 also operating on 433.92Mhz, so is this not a correct match as you're suggesting Maverick's operate at 418Mhz which mine appears not to?

Hmm interesting. I am only going by previous vehicles ive owned. one a 96 and currently a 98 Mav. Both worked on 418 mhz, i used the same fob on both vehicles.
I can only assume that either Ford used both frequencies or someone has changed over your unit.
If your unit says 433.9 mhz then by rights a fob transmitting on the same frequency should be able to be programmed in.
Do watch out for outside interference's such as mobile phones bluetooh gadgets etc as they can block fob transmition. Try reprograming the fob out of town area's and without any gadgets nearby

Sorge
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Maverick / Terrano Remote Reply with quote

ivorbiggin wrote:
Hmm interesting. I am only going by previous vehicles ive owned. one a 96 and currently a 98 Mav. Both worked on 418 mhz, i used the same fob on both vehicles.
I can only assume that either Ford used both frequencies or someone has changed over your unit.
If your unit says 433.9 mhz then by rights a fob transmitting on the same frequency should be able to be programmed in.
Do watch out for outside interference's such as mobile phones bluetooh gadgets etc as they can block fob transmition. Try reprograming the fob out of town area's and without any gadgets nearby

Again thanks for your response, one question did or have you looked at your contoller units under the dash of your Maverick's and if so did they say on them they were/are 418Mhz units, also any idea what is the part no on your current one please?

h4rri
Winch Assistant

Odometer: 71

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a saga with my new remote last night, after several attempts it only seemed to work when I armed then disarmed the system using the existing blipper!

Previous attempts using the key allowed the system to enter programming mode but wouldn't recognise they key.

It might be just me being inept but something else to consider.
Sorge
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Maverick / Terrano Remote Reply with quote

Sorge wrote:
ivorbiggin wrote:

Again thanks for your response, one question did or have you looked at your contoller units under the dash of your Maverick's and if so did they say on them they were/are 418Mhz units, also any idea what is the part no on your current one please?

UPDATE: The eBay seller has sent me another two remote fob's which arrived today, the one marked 5WK4 600 433.92Mhz and is badged as Nissan on the front and Siemens Nissan on the rear info plate does 'talk' to my vehicle successfully but I now appear to have a further problem with my driver’s door lock barrel, I think a return spring may be broken and so the ‘central locking via the remote’ is getting confused unless the door lock barrel is in its ‘perfect position’! Using the Key still opens and closes central locking fine though, so yet more tinkering is required it would seem!

ivorbiggin
Mud Obsessed

1996 Ford Maverick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h4rri wrote:
I had a saga with my new remote last night, after several attempts it only seemed to work when I armed then disarmed the system using the existing blipper!

Previous attempts using the key allowed the system to enter programming mode but wouldn't recognise they key.

It might be just me being inept but something else to consider.

Ive never looked, my original fob had a label on the back giving the frequency. If i get time tomorrow ill have a look at the unit and get back to you

Sorge
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Maverick / Terrano Remote Reply with quote

Could anyone with either a Terrano or Maverick tell me what the 'action' when using their key in the drivers door lock feels like, for example when unlocking or locking using this method does the key return to its 'centre postion' on its own, say via a return spring or not, as mine seems to be very lazy and I'm wondering is this is confusing the remote fob when trying to lock or unlock?
ivorbiggin
Mud Obsessed

1996 Ford Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my drivers door lock feels Iffy.
When i manually unlock the door the key wont return to the neutal position on its own, i have to turn the key back to the neutral position manually. 9 times out of 10 as i turn the key back the door will lock itself again. Even once i have managed to get the lock to stay open, just the action of the door closing is enough to make it lock itself.

My biggest fear was that one day i would close the door with the key inside and it would lock itself.

My 1998 Maverick only came with one key and no fob.

I programmed a fob i kept from my 1996 Maverick which was scrapped some months prior, the locking works perfect from that fob with no fear of the door locking itself, and its worked fine now for the last 3 years.

Both mavericks worked on 418 mhz.
I purchased a S/H fob from Fleabay as a back up, it has a Nissan logo on the front, works on 433.92 mhz and will not programme to the maverick.
I contacted the seller who sent me another fob this time working on 418 mhz, it programmed fine and i keep it as my spare.

No its not the lock causing the problem, its either, the fob is on an different frequency, the fob isnt transmitting, theres interference blocking the transmition or the reciever is kippered.

Are the battery's in the fob ok, take them out and check the voltage, is the fob transmitting? youll need a bit of kit to check that, but most auto sparkys have the equiptment , maybe also Halfrauds.
If its transmitting is it on the right frequency, you say your reciever has a label stating 433.92 mhz so if the fob is 433.92 mhz the frequency should be ok, which leaves interfearance or reciever failure.

When out in the sticks i cap zap the fob and lock the car from 5 meters away, when in town i have to get right up to the windows before the fob will work.

Sorge
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Maverick / Terrano Remote Reply with quote

ivorbiggin wrote:
Yes my drivers door lock feels Iffy.
When i manually unlock the door the key wont return to the neutal position on its own, i have to turn the key back to the neutral position manually. 9 times out of 10 as i turn the key back the door will lock itself again. Even once i have managed to get the lock to stay open, just the action of the door closing is enough to make it lock itself.

My biggest fear was that one day i would close the door with the key inside and it would lock itself.

My 1998 Maverick only came with one key and no fob.

I programmed a fob i kept from my 1996 Maverick which was scrapped some months prior, the locking works perfect from that fob with no fear of the door locking itself, and its worked fine now for the last 3 years.

Both mavericks worked on 418 mhz.
I purchased a S/H fob from Fleabay as a back up, it has a Nissan logo on the front, works on 433.92 mhz and will not programme to the maverick.
I contacted the seller who sent me another fob this time working on 418 mhz, it programmed fine and i keep it as my spare.

No its not the lock causing the problem, its either, the fob is on an different frequency, the fob isnt transmitting, theres interference blocking the transmition or the reciever is kippered.

Are the battery's in the fob ok, take them out and check the voltage, is the fob transmitting? youll need a bit of kit to check that, but most auto sparkys have the equiptment , maybe also Halfrauds.
If its transmitting is it on the right frequency, you say your reciever has a label stating 433.92 mhz so if the fob is 433.92 mhz the frequency should be ok, which leaves interfearance or reciever failure.

When out in the sticks i cap zap the fob and lock the car from 5 meters away, when in town i have to get right up to the windows before the fob will work.

Thanks for all the information you've supplied to date. To confirm the 5WK4 600 433.92 Mhz Nissan fob I purchased via eBay does communicate with my Maverick as does my key when used in the driver's door lock but if I use the key to first lock all the doors and then use the remote to unlock it will first unlock then re lock all the doors straight away, or should I use the key to unlock all the doors then use the remote lock them, it will first lock then straight away unlock once more! I have though found that if I ‘fiddle’ with the key in the driver’s door lock to get it to a neutral position or 'sweet spot' so to speak the remote will then work perfectly and this is what makes me think it relates to something in the driver’s door lock mechanism, again as you’ve said just moving the vehicle seems to ‘upset something’ once more and I have to use the key again!
P.S. Batteries have been replaced in remote.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Nissan, Mitsubishi, Isuzu (inc Vauxhall) & Daihatsu All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: