Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

tdv6 or tdv8 into a defender

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazzman
Gate Opener

Odometer: 4

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: tdv6 or tdv8 into a defender Reply with quote

Hi all does anyone know of anybody who has fitted a tdv6 or v8 into defender if so I would be very interested in speaking to them on how they did it as I fancy doing this conversion myself, i know bells autoservices has done a tdv6 as I have seen the utube link with the engine running I have spoken to them but he wont give me any details. Any help will be appreciated Very Happy

Cheers
Gary
scut44

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done searches?
Plenty of info online on builds & attempts at builds.
Pictures of the build last year & some info on Bell Auto Services defender on
www.devon4x4.com/forum
Info whats needed & where to buy it, Its just the ECU costs.
There are a fair few comp safari vehicles on the go running a TDV6

Its understandable that anyone putting time & money to develop a conversion for sale commercially is not going to just give up their hard work & knowledge for free.

All the best with your build.
george

gazzman
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that I just need to know what transmission to use with this conversion I,m told bells have the 6 speed getrag from a disco 3 but what transfer box etc etc, I can sort everything else out including remapping ecu.
burko_uk
Off-Road Guru

Odometer: 1017

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they gave away a fair bit by doing the build in LRW... although it did seem to go a bit quiet once they started bolting things together.

I seem to remember them using the Disco 3 Auto box fitted to an LT230... no idea how easy or hard that is to do!!!
gazzman
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm i guessed that maybe the route taken obviously some engineering work is req to mate lt230 the the later box, anybody know who might be able to accomplish this sort of engineering work at a reasonable cost???
scut44

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to do the conversion yourself, but need to pay a proffesional to do the stuff that you cant do,
why not pay
Bell Auto Services to do those bits ?
www.bellautoservices.co.uk

that way you will not be wasting money getting someone that doesnt know whats needed to do the work, & without you knowing whats needed!
Seems to me it would work out the cheapest way.
& thats still going to cost a bit.
george

Cagey
Off-Road Guru

Odometer: 1380

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a write up in LRO this month of a V8 fitted to a 110 by J.E.Engineering.
bell-auto-services
Gate Opener

Odometer: 8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a bit of an old thread but my news is relevent to the priginal post.

As an update ,

As many of you know we made the very first TDV6 defender run with the original factory engine ecu after much, much hard work developeing it to run outside of its D3 enviroment pushing forward for 18 months behind the scences while ignoring the critics who said it could not be done Mr. Green
which is perfect for my development and understanding what makes the D3 tick interests and proving a point etc, but not so good and easy to use or understand for end user with a semi limited knowlage regards to diagnostics and electronics as its a very complex system and especially so in its raw stripped down state.

But now its been made eayser as we are in the middle of finalising the fitment of a totally new design standalone Simtek BodyLogic engine management system and after some more final BAS mapping adjustments we will have ready a standalone plug and play ECU system available in a couple of weeks which can be seen on our Prototype defender at Peterborough LRO show.

This system will be very easy to install and comes in 2 package types depending on the customers capeability and fitment needs, The BodyLogic engine management system will also open usnew doors for instrument cluter choice and diagnostic options giving a much more user friendly soloution to the modifyed original ecu we originally used.

The system will also be able to be upgradable in the future, so if a new engine type is fitted the wireing loom and base mapping can be upgraded to suit without the need for a full new kit.

Please contact me for more info, or keep a eye on our web site for more news and its availability.

www.bellautoservices.co.uk

Pete

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Land Rover All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: