Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

Hello advice on U900 (92? model)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreadnought
Winch Assistant

Odometer: 56

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Hello advice on U900 (92? model) Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I am looking at a U900 ex military (92 in service so may be a bit older but was preserved) It has been used as an aircraft tug - probably never got it,s wheels dirty. (21,000kms) looks very good condition. I have a smallholding in Poland and might!! like to drive it to Poland, It has a 6 Cyl engine described as a 352? and is on 12.5 x 20 tyres. What is the cruising speed likely to be. I,m not a complete Noob when it comes to low speed, I have a Merc Diesel 5cyl conversion Pinzgauer 710k which cruises at 85 Kph (it will do 100Kph but is louder!) and I have driven that for 5/6 hour journey,s.
sammyb
Gate Opener

Odometer: 8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a long trip you have planned, the OM 352 is the standard engine for mogs it revs very low about 2800 rpm I think?****.6l and will have between 80 and 110 hp. Top speed is around 50 mph / 80 km but thats screeming its box off. I drove frome uk to greece in my 416 with 14.5 r 20 tyres and averaged around 70 kmh and 500 km a day using around 100 to 130 euros of diesel per day
Im now installing high speed diffs to drop cruising revs and cabin noise !!!
Dreadnought
Winch Assistant

Odometer: 56

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sammyb, I really don,t want to change diffs and compromise its off Road ability and pulling power, once I get to Poland it won,t really be required to go fast. I am also looking at a longer wheelbase U1000 in Germany so just a days journey for that one, it,s on the larger 14. x 20s as well. Same tall cab, but the squarer front panels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Mercedes & Unimog All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: