Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

V8 80 series consumption

54mm TOYOTA Hub spanner now in stock!
CLICKY LINK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bazza
Just got MTs

Odometer: 139

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: V8 80 series consumption Reply with quote

I really could do with a bigger vehicle, the Dakar is great as a toy but blumin useless when it comes to shifting stuff unless you hang a trailer on the back, Not always possible when you are miles away from home,

I've seen a couple of V8 petrol 80 series cruisers for sale and wondered what they might be like on fuel consumption? I drive at least 250 miles every week to and from work, neither vehicle has Lpg fitted so that would be an extra cost, We the missis that is allready have 90 series Proado which is great but as this would be mine I want something special no wot I mean? We fancy a trip over that water I'd like to rig one out for off roading and to use on some events further afield. I've two dogs pull a caravan, a cruiser would be great, Would both these have lockers front and rear?

Barry
lift man
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2200

1994 Suzuki Vitara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wont get a lot of MPG on a petol 80series,the Diesel only returns 18mpg and less when pulling a trailer with an offroader on it,
The uk models had front and rear locking diffs...

TobyJug
Just got MTs

Odometer: 210

1992 Toyota Landcruiser

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh the V8 is not economical,

but if you are planning to go offroading why not just go for a diesel?

Bazza
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd seen the two petrols advertised both have leather etc and look in good condition, I'm in no rush to buy anything yet,

Edit 03/08/09
I forgot to say I only get abot 20 to 22 out of the Dakar pulling the caravan, I get 27 to the gallon going to and from work

Barry
TobyJug
Just got MTs

1992 Toyota Landcruiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazza wrote:
I'd seen the two petrols advertised both have leather etc and look in good condition, I'm in no rush to buy anything yet,

Edit 03/08/09
I forgot to say I only get abot 20 to 22 out of the Dakar pulling the caravan, I get 27 to the gallon going to and from work

Barry

Yeh the petrols are not to expensive because they are so thirsty....
But like I asked before why do you want a petrol rather than a diesel?

Bazza
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby Jug I don't specifically want a petrol I saw these two for sale at what seemed like a reasonable price one of the adverts said fuel efficient lexus V8 so I thought I'd enquire on here as to what they were really like, i'm certainly not going to rush into buying anything and I've since seen a derogatory post on another site about the company that had these vehicles advertised so I won't be buying anything from them I'd much prefer a diesel anyway. We'll get the holidays out of the way and then take a look round at what's available and any way I need to sell the Dakar before I can buy anything.

Barry
TobyJug
Just got MTs

1992 Toyota Landcruiser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see....
haha I was just wondering...

There are some pretty reasonable Diesels about, you just have to look for them and be patient....
Have a nice holiday and speak to you when you come back... I am sure you will find the right LC....
They are awesome....

Bazza wrote:
Toby Jug I don't specifically want a petrol I saw these two for sale at what seemed like a reasonable price one of the adverts said fuel efficient lexus V8 so I thought I'd enquire on here as to what they were really like, i'm certainly not going to rush into buying anything and I've since seen a derogatory post on another site about the company that had these vehicles advertised so I won't be buying anything from them I'd much prefer a diesel anyway. We'll get the holidays out of the way and then take a look round at what's available and any way I need to sell the Dakar before I can buy anything.

Barry

Bazza
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Toby Jug,
I keep looking there's three or four Diesel motors at reasonable prices at the moment advertised not far away from me but as I ned to sell the Dakar first I'm resisting going to look at them, Only two weeks to my jollies and I'm ready, The Dakar is booked in for the MOT at 7.30am next Tuesday not that were going away with it this year but it needs doing before the end of the month and taxing, Were riding in style in the wife's 90 series SWB Prado.

Barry
hotherps
Just got MTs

Odometer: 119

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazza wrote:

Barry

Yes I think that was a post strated by me concerning C****** Flag Sad / Very Happy
I like the look of that green petrol myself Wink
Bazza
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the company, they had a fev V8's advertised.

I'm still looking at various options, I don't realy want to part with my Dakar but if I wan't something else it's going to have to go.

We've just been up to Mull for the Tour of Mull Rally with the SWB Prado and it was great bags of power relaxed driving (it's an auto) and pretty good on fuel considering that it was packed to the roof with dogs and camping gear.

It might have been a bit more comfotable with a LWB motor, lets just say we didn't take the washing machine and leave it at that shall we?

Try packing a motor with camping gear in the rain through the front two doors. The dogs were nice and comfortable in the back
There was quite a few 80's and 100 series Cruisers up there for the rally.

I'll have to get something sorted for next year cos I'll have another dog, a German Shepherd and two Springer Spaniels wont fit comforably at the back of the seats in a SWB

Barry
THE DIGGER
Just got MTs

Odometer: 186

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please excuse my ignorance, but since when did a 80 have a v8 Confused
Icelle Cube
Winch Assistant

Odometer: 93

1989 Land Rover Range Rover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mick the digger! wrote:
please excuse my ignorance, but since when did a 80 have a v8 Confused

Was thinking that myself. Petrol 80 series' are 4.5 straight six.

Co-founder of the TSV Crew (Aberlour chapter)
lift man
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2200

1994 Suzuki Vitara

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are a Staight Six, 24 valve
Bazza
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOP's
I hadn't realised that I had put V8 80 series, Shows how much I know doesn't it?

Barry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Toyota All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: