Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

kuhmo mud tyres

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joelypops
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2390

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: kuhmo mud tyres Reply with quote

Does anyone run the kuhmo mud tyres?? what are they like on and off road?? I'm not looking for the most aggressive pattern, and i want them to hold nice on the road??

What do you guys think??

Cheers,
Joel.

Mr Tyre
Mr Tyre

Odometer: 4957

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a lot of the people on this sites Suzuki section use them you could ask on there.You are limited by what sizes are available.
scoobystu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which kumho do you mean the kl71 or MT
scoobystu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mt's are very similar to the standard MT pattern ( colway MT for example) and the KL71 is far more aggressive . On the road though they preform spot on IMO and have far exceeded my expectations . I have more confidence on road than I ever did even when I first got the zuke and it was on road tyres . The back end would get skittish in the wet when I first got it now it feels solid and the front end is so grippy I have way more confidence than is sensible sometimes Wink Off road they are VERY good , I have used better but if I went for better off road I would lose what I have on it . They outperform 1 or 2 very popular tread patterns off road and you definitely wont get embarrassed by a lack of grip . TG UK were doing a deal on them ( I think £320 to £360 for 5 ) which IMO is spot on especially as they are new tyres and not retreads . There are a few retreads you can't get for that money . If you did go for them one tip is to lower the psi OFF ROAD , I am still experimenting but it does make a huge difference .
baldy
Just got MTs

Odometer: 421

1995 Suzuki Vitara

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to agree with Scooby_stu on this, I run the same tyres and am well impressed with the on road manners and the lack of tyre noise. I ain't had them off road yet but should be this weekend I'll let you know how they go.
waveydave
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2740

1994 Land Rover Discovery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the Kuhmo MT's on Roobarb gotta say im impressed.

Very nice on the tarmac not to noisey and grip well.Cope well with long distance motorway work.

Off road so far they have out performed my old Grizleys on rocks sand and peat Slick mud and wet grass they are better as well not tried bog running tho.

All in all i love em so dose my drive line no longer knocking out ball joints,wheel bearings,prop U/J's or CV joints.So far not been stuck.

jonathanm
Just got MTs

Odometer: 307

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got Kumho AT's (825's) on my alloys for day to day use, and a set of 235/75 15's MT's (834's) on steel's for laning.

Thoughts are that the MT's are noisier than the AT's on road, but wear well, and grip on road & off is outstanding. They do have quite a wide carcass & a narrower tread, so the sidewalls on the front have got a few more nicks & cuts than you might expect.

Superb VFM as well, only a few quid more than for a remould.

Hella lights, Next mod rooflights
PSI Powerbox, K&N air filter
stu190974
Gate Opener

Odometer: 42

1998 Suzuki Vitara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Set of MT on my disco size 235/75/16 and didnt like there road manners at all. They felt as though they where throwing the vehicle from side to side everytime I turned a corner. They where good off road though.
nivapilot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuhmo 71 and Marshall 71's are apparently the same tyre.
Both out of the same factory as Kuhmo.
so my local tyre shop tells me, and a bit cheaper as well.
I'll be getting a set as soon as the readies are available, just after Xmas....

Looking for some 33" for the old Landcruiser 70
scoobystu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nivapilot ... I think you are right although I know nothing about the price difference , I'll have to look into that before I get some more ..
dunk
Off-Road Guru

Odometer: 1816

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run the Kl71s on my 410 i am very happy with them. They perform very well on the road they are alot quieter than my old colway mt's. Offroad they have lots of grip and pull out of ruts well they have not let me down yet. I did not want a really aggressive tyre that would be hard to live with on the road but superb off the road as i drive my car to events but i have to say they perform extremely well at both and i can not fault them. Smile
scoobystu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is quite a large range called the "road venture " which covers quite a few tread patterns so watch what you order if you do choose Kumhos . There are one or two peeps on here who bash them even though they have ZERO experience of them , but they probably run Machos or believe it or not colway MTs Laughing
CJ
Just got MTs

Odometer: 161

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, i have a set of kl71 on my independent fourtrak & am delighted with the off road performance & am amazed how quiet & sure footed they are on road. Cant understand why anyone would fail to be impressed with them.
Thanks, CJ.

D7 Surviver.
D8 Survivor.
scoobystu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link http://www.4site4x4.co.uk/4x4-tyres.aspx make sure the very tough off road conditions box is ticked and select metric sizes 31/10.50/15 and Kumho KL71s will come up . They also supply simex extreme copies which are more extreme than the kumhos but don't come in 31s ( from insa) so they wont come up in that search . You will also notice that they are not sold on there as Road venture ???? Just for fun if you search again and this time lessen the conditions to muddy tracks and fields you will notice the insa turbo sahara will now appear . That is where people who do know what they are on about place them Wink
scoobystu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly what a lot of us do but you'll get the idea

http://www.4wdbits.co.nz/RickCrosbieKL71.pdf
baldy
Just got MTs

Odometer: 421

1995 Suzuki Vitara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did say I'd tell you how they were off road, they were crap!!! but hang on I'm am still running 25psi, let them down to 15 and they were great, well for 15 min's before my clutch went, dint get me wrong they are no anaconda but for a road biased tyre, I never got stuck and the clay was thick as you like at wagtails.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Wheels and Tyres All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: