Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

Little HorsePowerMeter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Electrical, Comms and ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lambert
Articulating

Odometer: 751

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refer the honourable member to the answer I gave some moments ago. It is neither simple, compact not elegant.
Feliks
Just got MTs

Odometer: 476

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpajun wrote:
Xpajun wrote:
Here you go Feliks - save you a bit of inventing...

What is funy is that this design was bastardised into nodding donkies - a up and down movement converted to a rotary movement (Internal combustion engine) and converted to an up and down movement to the nodding donkey...

In engineering many things have been prooved and might be rarely improoved, and no I don't condsider CNC an improvement over manual operation of a machine

Yes, only the creator of this project did not know how close he was to my proper solution ... ...

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Metallica" played in Krakow on his concert cover "Dżem" with whom I worked as a sound designer in 1984-1987. Here also "Dżem" from my work time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbqPNpyee80&feature=youtu.be

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrffaj

Andrew Very Happy
Nightbar
Difflock Royalty

Odometer: 20799

1999 Land Rover Defender

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ like it ^^^

Plant a tree for the Difflock 3
** GED **
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2039

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that took a left turn!

Member of TEAM CHAOS
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Principle of operation of a 6 cylinder engine with a crosshead, Watt type, Peaucelier or Feliks line crosshead .. So what gives us ... no friction piston by cylinder, so we can give up the oil for lubrication (oil pumps too), and gives 15% torque increase. Possibility of excellent cooling of the pistons with water, which will increase the compression ratio by 2 units. this is the next 10% .. Well, ecology, no oil burning, and less NOx, because in the chamber lower temperature ..

And the lack of crankshaft, because one crank with the connecting rod is hardly called a shaft ... if the engine has 16 cylinders .. :rolleyes:

http://www.railroadhandcar.com/projects/video-f...ystone-family.mp4

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other forum :
Posted Today, 10:46

Greg Locock, on 06 May 2018 - 06:13, said:

"You think that 15% of the IMEP is absorbed in sidethrust on the pistons? Don't think so, most of the FMEP is piston rings."

Well, unfortunately this is not true ... But so far people have thought so ... If you liked playing with a calculator, which I published a few posts above, then you probably already knew how much the reaction of the piston to the cylinder ... Publishes again with my setting value, and clearly see that this force reaches even 30% of the value of the force giving the torque .. derived from the combustion of fuel .. Contrary to appearances, the force of pressure on the piston ring piston is small compared to this force, because it is in the pressure of relatively the small force coming from the bending of the piston ring, which, as you probably know, we can easily squeeze with fingers ... ..... So that the force in comparison to the force of lateral force is many times smaller, if the engine performs heavy work .. And is independent of the load of the engine, it has practically constant value ... independent of the engine load.
Here you have a screen shot in the picture, because as you can see, you do not like to play with calculators. :wave:

http://mechanicalexpressions.com/explore/static...lider-torque.html

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Locock, on 09 May 2018 - 05:34, said:

"I'll take real data even though it is hard to understand, compared with cartoons, thanks."

because if they learned from such scientists, which draw their conclusions a bit, it's no wonder .. And then they do not know what to pay attention to, and they deal with matters that are not very important, not important.
Strength tensions piston rings is `5 KG, and the side force of the piston is 150 KG, For them it is" half ".. Laughing

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0301679X17303584

http://www.new4stroke.com/sily%20w%20cylindrze.pdf

It's good that you know someone who will lead you out of this error Wink

Andrew

Eat here and imagine that this side force is one-tenth of this force which has been hit by a connecting rod ..

And in the era of steam engines, they did not know what the water cooling of the piston might be useful ... I know ...Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I like my cartoons ... here is what the prototype apparently traveled over a million kilometers .. Well, but I would certainly do without 2/3 crankshaft and 4 connecting rods less ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commer_TS3

and here, in this photograph, it is perfectly visible that if you replace these connecting rods and the crankshaft for these 3 additional cylinders 9 Next 6 pistons), for which you can clearly see that the place is, and outside put one crank with two connecting rods, then the strong , pratically with the same dimensional parameters and the same could be more likely to have TWO TIMES more power ... If like comon rail to use, then surely and the plane would be suitable with such parameters ..
One idea was enough.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/31486821@N02/galle...28859068527/?rb=1

http://www.commer.co.nz/history

Well, if we were to convert the Rootes T4 version, then it would be 400 Hp with a good speed for the propeller.

Here in the movie you can hear that when they "defraud" it's almost like Formula 1 rolleyes
And it would be twice as good ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5xOA53YX4s&feature=youtu.be

A small crankshaft at the front and an additional lever ... I would have put in a good turbocharger yet, but I would leave mechanical roots, too... :love:

Commer Feliks

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and in this even 8 cylinder engine (8 x 2 piston), only one crank and one "real" connecting rod .. ..

Do you know how many reciprocating masses less?

Andrew Very Happy Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the solution for a normal 4 stroke engine ... it can be 2 x 8 cylinders with heads ... And this roller is common to everyone, it can have diameters ... clutch shaft ... .Smile

Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote " Kelpiecross, on 19 May 2018 - 06:09, said:

Where is the crankshaft ? "/ Quote

I thought I was following my previous posts. it will be clear ..

ONE crank with ONE connecting rod is at the end of Felix Roller .. Such classic crankshaft no longer needs ...

Of course, the levers are not turning on Feliks Roller anymore, but they are connected with it permanently. The entire Felix Roller is burning and only at the end it drives the one Connecting rod.
Here is a similar rule that I have for the half rotate of the "multi-cylinder"

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here the shaft with a single crank, but the two-cylinder comes from the Fiat 126 engine, on which base I built my new4stroke .. A colleague of such a car drove 100,000 km without renovation. I can see one crank enough ...

The shaft is also fused on two bearing shells .. it was created due to the seizure of the engine dynamometer. I thought that at 3500 revs per min which was generated by the electric dynamometer on which I mounted my engine, nothing bad will happen .. but as a result of 3 times in most of the forces coming from the gaseous forces, the engine faded. In the second photo, the connecting rod, which was completely polished, that's why you can clearly see the change of colors in the sky, which occurred due to this seizure ..

Of course, I rebuilt the engine, but I will not put it on the brakes anymore ..

My project Feliks Commer T4 engine will have about 500 hp, with a weight of about 500 KG, here you can make such a stellar version put together 10 engines (on the left and on the left side of the star) It will weigh about 6 tons and had 5,000 HP. .. It will be suitable for the propulsion of a small ship .. or for the production of 5 MW of electric energy .. with long durability and efficiency ..

In the whole engine there is only one bearing in the connecting rod. The rest are half-turn pins. So, the engine's failure will be significantly increased.

here's a discussion on how to match it to Formel 1

https://www.highpowermedia.com/RET-Monitor/3944/the-commer-double-knocker

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and here the "connecting rod" TS 3 and the lever to be welded to Feliks Roller

Here the red line is marked by the piston path associated with the lever. At 90 degrees the pressure of the piston on the cylinder wall is equal to 0, and with the traditional system the maximum .. And then we have virtually full torque ..

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, such a connecting rod of my idea .. For a semi-rotary shaft, it can be such, because all forces act by pushing the connecting rod to the lever .. only incidentally it is possible to act detachment parts from each other, so its protection can be negligible .. During normal engine operation, piston it is only pressed against the lever all the time ..
However, the cooperating surfaces are relatively large, and the connecting rod weight is smaller .. Formy Feliks Commer ..

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other forum:
Greg Locock, on 09 Jun 2018 - 06:12, said:
So since all of your designs rely on crank-like linkages, how are you going to prevent those failures? /Quote

Here in my hand the engine shaft from my new4 stroke ..

And because of the fatal mechanical distribution of the crankshaft forces, several cases of failure of the same shaft

A 8 times greater torque (first gear and differential transmission), they transfer to the wheels of the half-axle, which can be seen in the picture of the gearbox with the diverter, from the engine of which the shaft comes ...
they have a diameter of 25 mm and a long length ..
I have never seen a failure in these half-axes.
That is, to transfer 8 times more torque, this dimension is enough ..

The title is an explanation of why the classic crankshaft is a fatal construction and despite the large dimensions it bursts .. as seen in the pictures .. Here a little about the crush of such shafts, which even without load, under their own weight can be bent.

http://www.mechanik.media.pl/pliki/do_pobrania/..._12_s1148_eng.pdf

This is called the springing of the crankshaft.
On this link, how are you measuring this springs when the engine is standing. As a result of these crushing, the shafts are breaking up in the middle of their life, despite the fact that they are relatively thick ...
This causes a fatal rule of the "crankshaft" in its very construction.

http://www.full-ahead.net/Silownia/silniki_glow...sprezynowanie.htm

SINGLE-supported cranks have no faults. Here is an example, from a locomotive, such a one-way crank in addition, on springs, which causes additional wheel movement. The power transferred is some couple of thousand horsepower ...
I have never seen damage ...

I have never seen damage ...
So a single-sided crankshaft is no longer so emergency, because it does not have this bending, as well as its design must be sufficiently strong.

And here is my design lever, to Feliks Roller, which is basically quadruple, and can be supported on the bearing in the cylinder axis, without causing any bending of my shaft ...
Only at the ends will be full bearings determining Feliks Roller

Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other forum :
Merlyn wrote:
Most interesting Andrew but you won't find the answer to my question in the workshop manual, you will only find it by experiences caused by working on this type of engine.
It was, as I said a very common occurrence caused solely by not decoking the engine.
The excessive backpressure, as shown by the gauge on the control panel clearly showed the fault.
The bar magnet was used to get the broken part of the engine out, when ground correctly this part, being made of carbon steel would make an excellent addition to your tool box.
A crosscut chisel f.o.c.
That crank, sure it's not a wrist watch crank?
Think about the back pressure load on parts caused by excessive carbon build up on two strokes.

Yes Merlyn, you do not even know how much I appreciate your remarks. because I know that I will not find them in the workshop manual ... It's good that you want to work with me with your experience. As you know, I do not have too much, because I had to find these codes in music .. That's why your help is great .. I now add my cody and maybe something good will be ...
You have noticed the excessive accumulation of carbon. Now that we have a new type of engine Feliks Commer, where there is no classic crankshaft, only pins with a diameter of 30 mm, we can approach the issue in a different way, as it was so far. These small plates do not need such lubrication as large crankshaft bearings, besides they do not even turn round, and do semi-turn .., so the lubrication can be a little smaller .. I do not know if you remember that two-stroke engines for motorcycles, are lubricated only with oil in the fuel and in a ratio of 1: 50. And these engines, completely protruding .. so I thought that my Felix Commer can be lubricated with normal diesel fuel, also with the addition of this oil, let's also say 1; 50 as we will take into account that diesel fuel already has good lubrication in the sona .. Imone would be poured into the engine instead of lubricating oil. Well, when 10 liters of such fuel are needed for lubrication, the amount of oil added would be 0.2 liters .. No and I think that this quantity would not plug the windows, because the rest would be the same as the main fuel, it would be fired without coke .. And I think that this should solve the problem of this too nagar. Simply a new lubricant oil felix, i.e. diesel fuel plus 1:50 oil for two strokes ... .. poured into the engine, instead of lubricating oil ..
It would have such advantages that in the winter it would not be too dense, and in the summer too sparse ... ... and this price is not too high ..
So even with a large amount of "oil" you would not have to worry about ... because also coke would not be created ... because, from burning fuel, it does not arise ...
I just do not know what oil companies are doing ...
here, one bottle is enough to make 50 liters of "feliks oil" Very Happy

https://www.mobil.com/English-PL/Passenger-Vehic...Mobil-1-Racing-2T

And here the drift part of the watch, which I personally will do on an ordinary lathe. The material to do this crankshaft weighed 80 KG and the shaft lasts 4 KG. It lasted for a month ...

You know how you see the problems of crankshaft production, and that's why I know it's not a simple thing ...
Here are a few examples, however, that the crankshaft is not necessarily a successful construction .. and despite its thickness, sometimes it ends ... And I will ask if ever seen such a broken clutch shaft, despite the fact that it is much thinner than the crank ..

http://new4stroke.com/rootes%20diesel%20engine%...n%20-%20small.pdf

Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it turned out, it's worth getting to know the history of the United States ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Monitor

American Civil War 1861-1865. History talks about Abraham Lincoln and how he contributed to the excellent progress of technology as a result of the moment of this war, choosing the idea of ??the Swedish immigrant Jon Ericsson to implement ...

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/uss-...or-cheesebox-raft

it's about the steam engine of the "Monitor" ship, which contributed to the victory of the Union, but later sank in bad weather. Since then, these genius technical solutions have been covered by the ocean. It was only after 140 years, an attempt was made to extract the "Monitor" engine, it was retrieved in 2001 and reconstructed for the next 10 years.
Thanks to this, they saw the light of day and became popular only, the technical solutions that were used there during the entire 150 years, when the ship was covered with the ocean, they were not remembered too much ..
Here, the history of the project and the way in which this ship and the steam engine was created .. here is also a movie about how the engine model works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWn8gQ9Ykpk

I of course independently invented Felix Roller for a multi-cylinder engine, replacing the classic crankshaft, but I noticed that the engine "Monitor also had a part of my Felis Roller, and this solution worked well, in the engine 250 KW of power. Clearly, it has two such Shafts with levers, for longitudinal displacement of power. Also, the power take-off wheel is supported on one side (on the other only timing drive)
After covering the "Monitor" engine, I was very happy that my relationship had already been tested practically, but only for two cylinders .. It lay hidden under the water these 150 years .. but now everyone knows about it and can see that the solution works ... for 150 years, no one took it into account .. My Feliks Roller system I designed for 8 cylinders and 16 pistons ((Feliks Commer TS4) .. with the reception of the main power, on the crank shaft one-sided supported .. On the other hand it can be a small crank driving the shaft going to the front of the engine, driving the water pump, fan, generators and compressor, but flexibly coupled ... (as in "Monitor" driving the timing) Here is the animation that I made, showing how the main engine system The Monitor was working.

Yes, this story is coming round and that's why it's worth knowing .. This is the history of the United States ..

Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=J.A.W. post_id=772750 time=1529471448 user_id=27109]
F/A, its all very well..'waxing lyrical' - about USA civil war tech.. but don't dis' them good ol' southern boys of the CSA..
Here's the CSS Hunley.. 1st combat success for a submarine.. & how's about that... for a crank-rod propulsion linkage..
[/quote]

Well, this is the next part of this war ...

And here Monitor engine after extraction, but still not preserved ..

Here is an elegant first prototype of the Monitor .. short Feliks Roller.

Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelpiecross, on 20 Jun 2018 - 08:16, said:

Quote /It still seems to be a crankshaft engine to me - it wouldn't operate without the crank wheel part./ Quote

Do not be puritanic when it comes to cranks ... one crank wheel can be instead of 16 crank. Particularly, it is time to replace this most expensive rotational part of the engine ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drej_qeRSA

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the version of you tube Monitor's basic animation ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKWE93XHoD4

Andrew Smile
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now here is a picture as I imagine my Feliks Roller. This is the version of Felix Commer4 of course a two-stroke version. in which the main torsion forces are transmitted through the maximum large areas of the "connecting rod", and are supported at the point where they work, and do not cause bending, as in the classic crankshaft. That is why it does not tend to fatigue the matariału. and relatively long trouble-free work .. And a little lower costs of doing....

Well, of course, the masses reciprocating a little smaller .. Smile

Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a little bit about how this multi-fuel engine works ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KmZvhxg4R4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrAoj5Cuu68

obviously instead of the crankshaft, my extra 4 (3) cylinders,

which double the power and thanks to the lightness of the masses I think that it can be 500 horsepower ...

http://new4stroke.com/ts3%20technical%20data.pdf

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, when I was surprised by the Polish inventor Tadeusz Tański from 1925, but in my new Feliks Roller gaze, this simple engine system was created ......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tadeusz_Ta%C5%84ski

This is 12 cylinder dual boxer or H engine .. name Feliks-Tański engine..
Its movable parts are a double piston, a single piston pin, and Feliks Roller with lever...

Now there is NO lateral force of the piston and the croshead also ...

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The principle of operation Feliks-Tański engine with roller shaft

Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Locock, on 20 Jul 2018 - 09:49, said:

So where does the sliding motion take place? The oscillating arm is changing length as the pistons move.

These brown elements can be made of Teflon with bronze or graphite .. They have relatively large surface cooperation, so the pressures will not be large .. so they can be done this way ..

Andrew

Posted 07 July 2018 - 21:05

kikiturbo2, on 07 Jul 2018 - 16:41, said:

what about crank stifness?

also, lateral load will depend on the friction in the slider mechanism on the ends of the "crank"

Because it has the ability to move linearly along the "crank" it will be 0.1 working force, and that it is already much smaller than in the classic system, it will not work at first, just trace the forces in the mechanism I drew above .. in the moment when in a classic system the force works in 100% of value (90 deg) here, decrease to obsolete 0
So that in total this friction will be only some trace amount, we can practically skip ... ..

it may have an average value below 1% of "traditional" strength...

Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one part of the multi-cylinder H engine can be seen on my animation. As you can see from the history, it can be 24 cylinders .. the order of ignition can also be seen in wikipedia .. If we properly think, the customs of the main cylinder system from Felix Roller, may not have ANY ONE SCREW to twisting .. :wave:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H_engine

Formel 1 too :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Racing_Motors

https://rafaelschelb.wordpress.com/2011/11/23/60s-h16/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycoming_H-2470

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairey_Monarch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_XH-3130

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Eagle_(1944)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napier_Sabre

Very Happy Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would not describe it better ... Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF5j1DvC954&feature=youtu.be

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the "Monitor" Memorial Museum is in New York. I am writing that a steam fire pump invented and built by John Ericsson has saved London before burning ...
So inventor John Ericson contributed to the good history of England.
And my engine Feliks -Commer is a bit like that of a hand-operated fire pump ...

http://greenpointmonitormuseum.org/traveling_ro...n126y04index2.htm

Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be back in time a bit, for the first project ...

Here with a sketched diagram in cylinders. the basic standard norm poped by the timing.
You can see a huge difference in capacity volume and its asymmetry ..
Adding well-done gasodynamic phenomena, the volume of one cylinder can even be 700 ccm of really sucked air, with a basic piston of 300 ccm.
Well, it's a little not surprising to receive this 200 hp at 5000 rpm with 1 liter of basic capacity ..

But of course I understand that my experience and knowledge is not needed for anyone ... You can start from the very beginning and ... lose a few years to get what I already know ...

Andrew Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Electrical, Comms and ICE All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: