Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

Little HorsePowerMeter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Electrical, Comms and ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feliks
Just got MTs

Odometer: 476

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, so many years of transition period..

http://sinusvalves.com/

Andrew Wink
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe a two-wheel car would do ... There's no need for an differential and anything .. see the Segway
There is no steering wheel, and what's the return .. because let's say on wheels 1.5 meters in diameter ... for every trimmer will come ..

Such a Segway with a comfortable seat and visor, it could be called Feliks Car

Regards Andrew Very Happy Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feliks wrote:
Or maybe a two-wheel car would do ... There's no need for an differential and anything .. see the Segway
There is no steering wheel, and what's the return .. because let's say on wheels 1.5 meters in diameter ... for every trimmer will come ..

Such a Segway with a comfortable seat and visor, it could be called Feliks Car

Regards Andrew Very Happy Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, while I was interested in the development of my Segway Car Feliks, I found some helpful solutions on the web. It turned out that with the help in developing motorization, come ... Disabled and their machines .. It's such a Segway with a chair because after all the disabled can not stand ....
And there are companies that Segwaya adapt to them ...
Now it's enough for such a vehicle, make a canopy with doors and windshield wipers, teeth do not reach us, a phone holder in which there is a speedometer and other important things, and the front energy-absorbing plastic bump so that not immediately at what, With your feet flickering .. after you get the blinkers, the vehicle becomes a capable Segway Car Feliks ..
I also see the way to develop such a car, not even a multiplayer, with the increase of wheels and the use of such solutions .. but not for acrobatics and normal driving ..
Also, I think of a small diesel engine that drives an alternator, and this whole 15kg system would give that car an unrestricted reach, of course when adding gasoline. But not much, because my four stroke engine would be as good as 30 ccm.

Here are some examples from the internet ..

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXlAXwD_KA0

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p46F0IbYEUA

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf6Gh-hPDeo

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8QZ0HEoZHQ

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uote]Originally posted by EpsomJames
Quote:
Originally posted by Anth
cool

actually! where is the mad old ******?

Sold his design to Nissan, now is basking in his holiday retreat in the Caribbean.*

*maybe[/quote]

So I have to thank that good people brought me to the ground with my Segway Car Felix ... I of course have invented it completely unmistakably, never seen such a solution .. But I was provided with my much earlier (2011) professional Segway rules here a few photos. As for Nisan's solution, it is quite complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHrl2P6QGYQ

My engine also provides a variable degree of compresion ratio, which unfortunately is not noticeable on the animation of my engine. It is necessary to start working on it with great precision, using a program for calculating the geometry of my engine. The first version of this program was also created on perforated cards and punched strips. on a Cyber ​​computer.
I then learned that after adjusting the cage between the crankshafts, not only will the camshaft phase change, but also the compression ratio will change. Well, you remind me that this is so ...
in 2004 I programmed excell to calculate my engine, and colored fields can be changed to fit the needs. On other cards is a little bit described what and how. You can see, for example, that the minimum chamber is 370 degrees, not the traditional 360 degree rotation of the crankshaft. You can see, for example, that the minimum chamber is at the right hand side of the sheet. , the increase in power is like overtaking the ignition by 10 degrees of ignition at 0 degrees .. (obviously there is also a larger crank arm)
There are so many interesting things that just come out while working on this engine .. But surely at Nisana also do not like to learn completely new information about the four engine .. Because it would have to last 6 months .. and practically only I only know those few advantages and disadvantages ..

I think that for the rest of my life I did not suffer, especially that Myasthenia and related double vision, only now can give unconventional solutions Very Happy Very Happy

VOLUME EXCELL http://www.new4stroke.com/volume.zip

Regards Andrew Very Happy
mike328
Articulating

Odometer: 793

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feliks you truly are mad, and i like it! Smile But your design does look like someone moving a mini cable car on a sack barrow.

Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is my new idea ... I decided to get rid of force, guide the piston ...
 This gives an average of about 10% higher efficiency of the engine, because we do not waste energy on friction .. In marine, eolnobrotowych, so far used to be used crosshed.
Instead, I used such a machanism, based on oil like a pump, with a rope as a working element .. Because the rope can not be "pushed", I put the other such arm in motion to the other side .. And from this simple connecting rod driving the crankshaft. Thanks to this, there is no side force anywhere in the whole mechanism .. It is in a traditional design, very large force, reaching up to 1/6 of the total force in the connecting rod driving the crankshaft .. Here its size is calculated .. I think that the average 10% of the engine's reliability will be obtained. The engine has very small orots, 100 rows per minute, and I think that this will work ... In the steam locomotive, we will get rid of the slider, and its efficiency will increase significantly ..
Certainly the demand for oil, which suppressed this large friction, will be much smaller ..
Maybe someday it will go to F1 Very Happy

http://www.marinediesels.info/Theory/Thrust_on_Crosshead_Guides.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoCEcjJxPZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOtN7yFXP8Y

Regards Andrew Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, here is the engine, in this also the piston does not beat the cylinder .. But too complicated and I still do not like modes. And the lateral force of the plunger and so-called tobaccos somewhere is lost ...
But he will read for it, what it gives ... I do not have to tire about writing the advantages of my crosshead .. Very Happy

http://www.wisemanengine.com/home.htm

And here is how something is not going on when crosshed ..

And now he will not ...

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice video, and at the end you can see how fast it can turn,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSXgm8AlniQ&feature=youtu.be

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I continued to divide the hair into four... Very Happy

Yes, we slowly develop this way of bypassing the lateral force of the piston .. here, that's all you have to do is one lever that has a half-ring at the end, but the other way round. This way one pulls up and the other down during the movement of the lever ... It can be used for a full four-stroke engine .. Well, see how easy we can cool the water piston ..

Regards Andrew Very Happy
lambert
Articulating

Odometer: 751

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not entirely compact, elegant or particularly efficient though is it?
Nightbar
Difflock Royalty

Odometer: 20799

1999 Land Rover Defender

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten about this thread - thanks.

Plant a tree for the Difflock 3
Xpajun
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 3245

1988 Mitsubishi Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightbar wrote:
I'd forgotten about this thread - thanks.

You off to forget about it again now then? Laughing
Xpajun
Mud Obsessed

1988 Mitsubishi Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go Feliks - save you a bit of inventing...

Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowly... Very Happy

Does not this remind you of the mechanics drawn by James Watt ? But it's necessary to back 250 years back ..

Hand-drawn diagram by James Watt explaining his discovery of the "parallel motion" in a letter to his Sohn: "The idea originated in this manner. On finding double chains, or racks and sectors, very inconvenient for communicating the motion of the piston-rod to the angulat motion of the working-beam, I set to work to try if I could not contrieve some means of performing the same form motions turning upon centres, and after some time it occured to me that AB, CD, being two equal radii revolving on the centres B and C, and connected together by a rod AD, in moving through arches of certain length, the variations from straight line would be nearly equal and opposite, and that the point E would describe a line nearly straight, and that if for convenice the radius CD was only half of AB, by moving the point E nearer to D, the same would take place; and from this the construction, afterwards called the parallel motion was derived."

Of course, instead of a rope, you can use any type of parallel movement mechanism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_motion

And of course, it's getting higher and higher speed after that ...

So this Wats is not bad anymore .. but this string can have such a form of springs from the watch's bannister .. and then it is the simplest solution and guaranteeing higher revolutions .. obviously the ideal is Peaucellier-Lipkin, but also is the most complicated .. But after some analysis, to which the arms attach to the connecting rod, i.e. which carries the main forces, the rest may not have to be a monstrous size ..
In any case, the use of a traditional crosshead certainly became archaism ... because with the use of any of these solutions, the side force on the crowd does not occur, and was not moved below, to crosshedas, and was liquidated at all ..

Also from my drawing you can see that a very easy way we can do cooling with the water of the piston ..
This can give us, due to its very low temperature, a change to Teflon efflorescence and one would be tempted to completely give up the oil.
And this is a very important matter, which allows us this construction, so it seems to me that maybe you can do practically this matter and try some teflon bearings and seals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peaucellier%E2%80%93Lipkin_linkage

Here is the animation of THE PEAUCELLIER-LIPKIN LINKAGE which is automatically downloaded

http://kmoddl.library.cornell.edu/tutorials/05/

Normal position engine crosshead Peaucellier-Lipkin :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9XuxrhPVK0

Andrew Rolling Eyes
** GED **
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2039

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...

so there.....

Member of TEAM CHAOS
Xpajun
Mud Obsessed

1988 Mitsubishi Shogun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpajun wrote:
Here you go Feliks - save you a bit of inventing...

What is funy is that this design was bastardised into nodding donkies - a up and down movement converted to a rotary movement (Internal combustion engine) and converted to an up and down movement to the nodding donkey...

In engineering many things have been prooved and might be rarely improoved, and no I don't condsider CNC an improvement over manual operation of a machine
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Historical notes
Sylvester (Collected Works, Vol. 3, Paper 2) writes that when he showed a model to Kelvin, he “nursed it as if it had been his own child, and when a motion was made to relieve him of it, replied ‘No! I have not had nearly enough of it—it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life.’”

Which of these three mechanisms to use ... and here the magnitude of the lateral force on the piston in the C-spot ... as you can see on 1/3 of the torque it achieves .. THEREFULLY IT WILL NOT BE HERE ... :clap:

http://mechanicalexpressions.com/explore/static...lider-torque.html

Andrew Very Happy
mike328
Articulating

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew

Interested in your animations of the watts and Peaucellier–Lipkin linkages. It would appear that whoever created them was was biased towards the Peaucellier–Lipkin linkage as it is shown to be working within its perimeters for perpendicular travel, whereas the watts linkage is shown exceeding its designed travel giving the impression that it is vastly inferior? Without restraints the watts linkage could have its links extended to almost match the travel and accuracy of the Peaucellier–Lipkin. Alternately, if the links on the Peaucellier–Lipkin were shortened it would dramatically reduce the vertical movement of the linkage.

I appreciate that the more accurate vertical travel of the Peaucellier–Lipkin linkage is an advantage in some instances, but the over complicated linkage surely outweighs this in a shorter travel scenario?

Mike.

Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which to use?
This is a good question ..
With a new construction a lot of unknowns ... here is one but also a new 3 ways to connect the connecting rod ..
And not only the mathematics of movement, but now all force must be determined ...
A lot of work for sure ..

I wonder where this side force acting in the crosshead has died?

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And nowadays, how to design an engine that will save 10% of fuel in the ship's engine, because there is no friction in its traditional crosschead, then here you can see and count how much it can be ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_steaming

Andre Shocked
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few more alternatives..

Such animation, so that we know what we are talking about ..

Well, here's the crosshead but it's applied to my new 4 stroke ... we gain a lot ... for my experience with this engine, we now get 1 liter capacity of the main piston, about 300 hp at 5000 rpm.
Of course without NOx, because the pistons will be cooled with water ..
Well, that's what to fight for ...

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few more alternatives..

this is just a cross-referencing scheme that has to keep a straight line .. It should be connected to the crankshaft using a pin in any convenient place.

OR

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's best to see in such a drawing .. so dead force can only give one's place on the casing in one place ... only pivot is in the place, which gives very little resistance to movement on a flat plane .. an element loaded with this force ..

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always every two connecting rods and two cranks on the crankshaft in a 4 cylinder engine are always less .. :cheesy:

Andrew
Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the twilight of long crankshafts ready to be ready ... ?

The connector between the arms as they will have the diameter of the main bearings of the main crankshaft, this should be enough....

Andrew
Very Happy
mike328
Articulating

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've lost me now.
** GED **
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2039

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now?

Embarassed

Member of TEAM CHAOS
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such possible variations ...
It can be connected by a beam through all cylinders ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc5fmUOQAe4&feature=youtu.be

Andrew Very Happy
Feliks
Just got MTs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry ,

Peaucellier Due crosshead ..

Andrew Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Electrical, Comms and ICE All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: