FORUM CLASSIFIEDS DIFFLOCK.com Links & Networks
Forum Homepage
Log in
Profile
Search
Private Messages
Forum Members
Register
Classified Ads
Search Ads
Place New Ad
My ads
Place your classified
ads here for FREE
NB: Adverts placed in the general
forum areas will be deleted
Difflock Homepage
Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407


Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover

 
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Member Discounts -> Adrian Flux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Xpajun
Mud Obsessed


Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Odometer: 3233



1988 Mitsubishi Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

I know not what the circumstances are but it is being posted on Facebook that Adrian Flux is refusing to insure someone for a Landrover...


Seen a few other posts over the months along this line - I'd like to know what is going on...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website eBay Name
mike328
Articulating


Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Odometer: 793
Location: Suffolk!



PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAAANNN!?!
__________________________________
Snap On: Turning drawers into status symbols since 1920.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nightbar
Difflock Royalty


Joined: 30 Sep 2003
Odometer: 20605
Location: In a state of anticipation...


1999 Land Rover Defender

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Friday night...

...give him until 0830 tomorrow then go for it Cool

(but like any story - there are 2 sides: the truth and what people post on farcebook)

__________________________________
The ex-Difflock Ambassador to Naples, Sir Nightbar DCJC DFS and 2 bars.

Plant a tree for the Difflock 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Skype NameeBay Name
mike328
Articulating


Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Odometer: 793
Location: Suffolk!



PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

Xpajun wrote:
refusing to insure someone for a Landrover...


were they trying to get insurance against water ingress or corrosion? Laughing

__________________________________
Snap On: Turning drawers into status symbols since 1920.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xpajun
Mud Obsessed


Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Odometer: 3233



1988 Mitsubishi Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

mike328 wrote:
Xpajun wrote:
refusing to insure someone for a Landrover...


were they trying to get insurance against water ingress or corrosion? Laughing


LOL - dunno - but at the same time someone else was complaining about AF tripling their premium this year for no obvious reason (e.g. claims, convictions etc.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website eBay Name
** GED **
Off-Road Guru


Joined: 18 Jun 2014
Odometer: 1962
Location: Scouser



PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

Xpajun wrote:
mike328 wrote:
Xpajun wrote:
refusing to insure someone for a Landrover...


were they trying to get insurance against water ingress or corrosion? Laughing


LOL - dunno - but at the same time someone else was complaining about AF tripling their premium this year for no obvious reason (e.g. claims, convictions etc.)


well, funnily enough, im not with them any more either.

my musso insurance was 450. i moved to the rexton, one year newer and they gave me my recalculated premium.



2000.



yup, two grand for the essentially same vehicle and one year newer.


now im a firm believer that if one insurance company can insure you for a set amount, then they should all be around the same price?

most brokers (like flux) use the same underwriters and the same companies.

so if ABC can insure you for an arbitary 700, then so should DEF, GHI, and JKL.

obviously there will be the odd 100 quid fluctuation, but 1300?

now when i told them i wasnt continuing, someone rang me to ask why.

i explained that sw****n had offered me the exact same cover for 700.

within seconds the reply came "ok, we`ll match that, ill send the paperwork out"....

so, my insurance had just dropped by "1300 in one telephone chat.

now im a simple bloke, so the natural deduction that i came to was that if they could cover me for 700, then by quoting me 2000 they were in effect ripping me off for another 1300..


i declined.



and there the story ended.





until i was contacted by a firm of solicitors claiming that i owed Fux 450 cancellation fees.


they were very insistant.


do you think they got it?

do you think i will ever use them, or reccomend them again?


Rolling Eyes

__________________________________
the other co-founder of the DCJC

Member of TEAM CHAOS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Gate Opener


Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Odometer: 33




PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

Xpajun wrote:
I know not what the circumstances are but it is being posted on Facebook that Adrian Flux is refusing to insure someone for a Landrover...


Seen a few other posts over the months along this line - I'd like to know what is going on...


Hi,

There are many instances under which we would be unable to offer cover. Without knowing the exact circumstances I would be unable to comment as to why in this case.

Dan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Gate Opener


Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Odometer: 33




PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

** GED ** wrote:
Xpajun wrote:
mike328 wrote:
Xpajun wrote:
refusing to insure someone for a Landrover...


were they trying to get insurance against water ingress or corrosion? Laughing


LOL - dunno - but at the same time someone else was complaining about AF tripling their premium this year for no obvious reason (e.g. claims, convictions etc.)


well, funnily enough, im not with them any more either.

my musso insurance was 450. i moved to the rexton, one year newer and they gave me my recalculated premium.



2000.



yup, two grand for the essentially same vehicle and one year newer.


now im a firm believer that if one insurance company can insure you for a set amount, then they should all be around the same price?

most brokers (like flux) use the same underwriters and the same companies.

so if ABC can insure you for an arbitary 700, then so should DEF, GHI, and JKL.

obviously there will be the odd 100 quid fluctuation, but 1300?

now when i told them i wasnt continuing, someone rang me to ask why.

i explained that sw****n had offered me the exact same cover for 700.

within seconds the reply came "ok, we`ll match that, ill send the paperwork out"....

so, my insurance had just dropped by "1300 in one telephone chat.

now im a simple bloke, so the natural deduction that i came to was that if they could cover me for 700, then by quoting me 2000 they were in effect ripping me off for another 1300..


i declined.



and there the story ended.





until i was contacted by a firm of solicitors claiming that i owed Fux 450 cancellation fees.


they were very insistant.


do you think they got it?

do you think i will ever use them, or reccomend them again?


Rolling Eyes


Sorry to hear this.

As we are a broker we have access to many different schemes but are ultimately underwritten by the insurers we use, who set the prices. We have schemes that are specifically designed to beat target rates but without any kind of target present we have to rely on the prices our insurers give us.

I apologize if this has ruined your perception of us, and am sorry that we have lost out on your future business.

Regards
Dan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
** GED **
Off-Road Guru


Joined: 18 Jun 2014
Odometer: 1962
Location: Scouser



PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX wrote:
we have to rely on the prices our insurers give us.


Regards
Dan


then how come you managed to drop it from the quoted 2000 the the "we`ll match that " 700 instantly.

the only logical conclusion is that i was being grossly overcharged.

shop around people.

Cheers Dan.

__________________________________
the other co-founder of the DCJC

Member of TEAM CHAOS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike328
Articulating


Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Odometer: 793
Location: Suffolk!



PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux Refusing to Insure Landrover Reply with quote

DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX wrote:
There are many instances under which we would be unable to offer cover. Without knowing the exact circumstances I would be unable to comment as to why in this case.


How many times is it due to the person trying to insure, not the car being insured?

__________________________________
Snap On: Turning drawers into status symbols since 1920.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TJ_in_Dubai
Just got MTs


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Odometer: 371
Location: Dubai, UAE


1997 Jeep Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god I don't have to play the UK car insurance rip off game.

My modified 4.0 Wrangler costs me 127 GBP for 3rd party F&T. My GSX-R 750 used to cost the same.....

I feel for you lot!

__________________________________
Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport
33x12x15's
4.88 R&P's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RichardD
Marshall


Joined: 13 Mar 2003
Odometer: 22856
Location: State of Confusion



PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spend a lot of money on insurance, a hell of a lot. In fact, over 10,000 per year between family, hobbies and business and in my experience Insurers are like any business and will try to charge what the market will bear and they often get it very very wrong.

I had a sales guy, in his late 60's, who received his renewal notice on the day of renewal from Kwikfit insurance increasing his premium from 200 to 700 with no changes to his circumstances bar his and the car's ages. He was in a panic and about to pay it when I checked online and got a quote of ..... 200.

We called the Insurer and told them of the discrepancy and the answer was "oh, that's just a standard letter. You should always call to renew". BULLSH**T, they thought they could panic a pensioner into coughing up and extra 500.

Like Ged's case, its not obviously a good business model but for every person who checks and goes elsewhere there are plenty who will cough up.

The days of customer loyalty being rewarded have long gone, we are now rewarded for being fickle and insurance is no different.

Last year my house insurance renewal went from 700 to 1300 so I shopped around and got it for 250. I was delighted until I found I had nothing like the cover, nor customer service, I was looking for. This year my premium was 700 again (with a different insurer) but with fantastic customer service which is just as well as someone has crashed into my house again. My old insurer would have left me to do all the running around and fought everything (despite it being a 3rd party's fault) but my new one, Aviva, through a local broker have been fantastic.

Caveat emptor and shop around, and remember that they may not want you as a customer that year so the only 'polite' way to move you on is to increase the price.

For the record, I've used Adrian Flux on and off for decades and currently have a car policy with them.

__________________________________
Poking the Grim Reaper with a stick then running away. The devil made me do it but God said it was okay with him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Member Discounts -> Adrian Flux All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can post calendar events in this forum
Service Kits

Evo Oils

Specialist Tools

Adrian Flux 2017

Oil Safe

Join our mailing list for upcoming events, special offers, discount coupons and expert advice on the latest 4x4 products!

* indicates required





    
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group