Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

Grand vitara glowplug light flashing. car wont start.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baderdog
Gate Opener

Odometer: 6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Dead GV Reply with quote

matt77 wrote:
check battery ,, give it a charge and test ..

already recharged and tested the battery no probs' I have now done everything that it could be so I am certain it is the Bloody immobilizer or transponder, just need to get the details of how to wire around it ASAP as at the moment its a dead duck,

baderdog
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: gv immo bypass Reply with quote

Well a Big thanks to all the Guys who replied to my PMs requesting the imo bypass details , I have now carried out the procedure and the ol GV fired into life Very Happy with no flashing lights on the dash everything normal I thinks to myself Shocked all was fine for about five mins and then it just cut out Crying or Very sad
with heater plug relay clicking and wot sounds like the fuel pump solenoid buzzing" the only way to restart is to let it cool down for a few mins disconnect and then reconnect the battery and she will fire up again ?? until it reaches temp and then shuts down, this would probably be okay for very short runs of up to 500 yards but not a lot of good to me Evil or Very Mad if anyone has any clue as to the problem please post as i am now bordering on insanity
Thanks "

baderdog
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: gv immo bypass Reply with quote

Well a Big thanks to all the Guys who replied to my PMs requesting the imo bypass details , I have now carried out the procedure and the ol GV fired into life Very Happy with no flashing lights on the dash everything normal I thinks to myself Shocked all was fine for about five mins and then it just cut out Crying or Very sad
with heater plug relay clicking and wot sounds like the fuel pump solenoid buzzing" the only way to restart is to let it cool down for a few mins disconnect and then reconnect the battery and she will fire up again ?? until it reaches temp and then shuts down, this would probably be okay for very short runs of up to 500 yards but not a lot of good to me Evil or Very Mad if anyone has any clue as to the problem please post as i am now bordering on insanity
Thanks "

robrab
Gate Opener

Odometer: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Glow light flashing, car wont start Reply with quote

Hey guys, been googling around to see if I could find any information regarding my Vitara non start with glow plug light flashing in dash.

Upon initial investigation, snap on tool wont talk to ECM. Inspected ECM and found water in that area, removed ECM and take off its covers, all good inside with no signs of ingress in the module, all connector pins are good despite having gotten damp.

Reading up on the the topic it seems very common issue, mines a 2000 with Denso ecu so would like to see if the immobilisation bypass works for me before going any futher. Can anyone enlighten me as to how this is done??

Cheers Robert.
tommytrucker
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: vitarra immob bypass Reply with quote

can anybody please help me with this I seem to have the same problem as many of you have described and I am hoping that bypassing the immob will get me back on the road again, any help would be greatly appreciated on how to carry out the bypass, I am a mechanic so a brief description of what to do will be perfect, thanks!!
baderdog
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Gv bypass Reply with quote

Well folks i have now come to the final chapter in this pain in the But immobilizer prob ( read all my previous posts ) having carried out the immo bypass trick you will remember how I was left with aGV that would only run for about 15 mins from cold before cutting out and not restarting until the battery was disconnected and reconnected' and ECU allowed to cool down,
I managed to ascertain that the problem was directly connected to the ECU temp once it reached normal operating temp it would cut the engine and cause the relays to chatter, proven by blowing it with an air line to keep its temp down no engine cut at all , from this I figure that somewhere in the board i had a dry joint or component overheating, only way forward was to source a complete second hand set up including ECU ,Transponder , ignition lock and keys, this i managed to do for the princely sum of £50 the lot' GV fired up and now seems to run ok, so my advice to anyone with the flashy glow light prob is do not be to hasty and assume its the immobilizer " look at all the possibilities first before bypass, as in my case it was a completely unrelated prob ( get it code read and examine the ECU with a very powerful magnifying glass first ,

bixkit56
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: GV IMMOB Reply with quote

HI I HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH IMMOB. COULD ANYONE FORWARD ME FILE AS ITS MY MUMS ONLY FORM OF TRANSPORT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

BARRYMCINTYRE@HOTMAIL.CO.UK
diabolik
Winch Assistant

Odometer: 74

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fathers grand vitara has just fallen foul of the same problem! Could somone PM me the bypass technique please?

Update: fixed thanks to all who helped

Last edited by diabolik on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
1me2music
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Grand Vitara, glow plug light Reply with quote

My Grand Vitara has succumed to the glowlight flashing bug as well, please help me. e-mail address removed to protect Members security
drdod
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Glow plug light flashing,imob problem Reply with quote

Just found this site and joined,I've had this dredged imob prob for a few weeks . Didn't want to spend cash unless I had to.
I've had the bleeding head Acke for weeks keep going back to it trying this and that.could some one please send me the bypass for my Mazda rf with denso.thanks in advance shaun.
e-mail address removed to protect Members security - please use PM system

matintara
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

A friend that has the same car told me that he solved his problem turning forward and backward the ignition key, thus from vehicle off position to lighting the glow plugs back and forth several (I think 10) times.

So I did that and then tried to start until almost empty the battery.

Result: It worked. My GV is up and running again.

Thank you and hope this helps someone
giedriusss2000
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, The glowplug light is continueosly flashing and engine not even trying to fire. I,m suspecting it is immobilised. But what could be the cause? and does anybody know how to fix it? how do I fix it? how to bypass the immobilizer or off .Please help. SUZUKI GRAND VITARA 99 YEARS 2,0 TD INTERCOLER.
robtdf
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: Error code 23 & 83 Reply with quote

Hello folks.
I have a 2002 GV TD and I can not start the engine.
The glowplug lamp starts to flash as I turn the key to the ignition position. I got the Suzuki Service Manual and I followed all the steps described in the Chapter 8G about the immobilizer.
The immobilizer shows the code 23 in my analogic tester, and the ECM shows the code 83 flashing the glowplug lamp. This means no comunication between Immo and ECM. So, I tested the wire (A8 at the immo and 3D at the EMC) and there is no wire short nor open. Even more, I unplugged just those wires in both connectors and I replaced it with a new wire across the gearbox stick, but there was no change.
The glowplug lamp still flashing, and I did the diagnose again and the code 23 and 83 remains.
I have been dealing with this since one week ago.
I know there is a way to bypass or remove the immo.
Can someone tell me how to do it?
Regards.
iceballs
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: immo Reply with quote

My glowplug lamp was blinking.. Bought a gv with broken head gasket, and should like to start it before taking it apart..
So I tried the ignition on off 10 times ore more.. And to my great surprise: IT WORKS!!!!... Now my lamp lights up steady for some seconds, and then goes off.. But the car dont start.. But i have a starting point.. Smile
Thank you for the help..

dannypugh
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone please send me the trick to take out the immo as my mother washed my key and now wont start Sad
sfag01
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: please PM me with the bypass method too Reply with quote

I am having the same problem on a grand vitara 2L diesel from the year 2000.
flashing glo plugs and a bit of trickery involving putting the key in and out & switching the car on (but not running), repeating this for several times in quick succession.
Its happening a lot recently.
I'l like to forgoe the imobiliser altogether.
Can some one pase me the instructions.
thanks in advance.
supersub14
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another success story here.

I had error codes 28 + 81 on the MIL. So i disconnected the battery for 10 mins to clear ecu then ran the test again. This time i only had error code 81 (immobiliser code not matching key).

Carried out the procedure to remove the immobiliser (took me 4 hours from start to finish!!) but well worth it as now the jeep is running again.

If i had to do it again it would only take 30 mins or so, but i will admit that the first time i was very nervous before i started into the ecu with the soldering iron Confused

Thanks everyone for your help on this forum!
Dizzy
Gate Opener

Odometer: 4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: SOS - Damsel in distress! Reply with quote

Hello! Can anyone help a damsel in distress? I have a 2000 Vitara which i have just part exed towards a newer car and I'm due to pick it up next week. So what's the problem I hear you ask.. Well, the Vitara has been stood about 3 months or so and when I went to start it, nothing! Battery was dead. Disconnected it and reconnected it and looks like I have the same issue re the immobiliser Sad So frustrating as I only have to get the bloody thing 15 miles down the road! I would be very grateful if one of you boys could pm me the immobiliser by pass instructions as I don't want to bother with repairing it under the circumstances! I am female, and I am blonde but I do own a classic mini so I am OK with following basic mechanical instruction, having to trouble shoot 30 year old electrics can really give a girl a strange sense of achievement lol!

Thanks in advance fellas!

Happy motoring,

Dizzy
DurrantM92
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, I have just found this thread and thinking i have the same problem, i have never used flash codes before and am getting code 83. could someone send me a pm on how to do the immobiliser bypass please, thanks
Jamac
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Vitara immob bypass Reply with quote

So glad to have found this thread! Vitara packed up, wouldn't start so spent ages getting the start stop solenoid out but still didn't start. Now reading this it looks like the immobiliser. I've tried recharging the battery and locking unlocking it but still not starting. Would really appreciate it if someone could pm me how to bypass the immobiliser.

Thanks
Deccyboy
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: 99 vitara immobiliser Reply with quote

have the same issue, car was idle for about 1 month, now glow plug light is flashing and motor won't fire. Would really appreciate being told how to bypass immobiliser. Thanks in advance
Dyryn83
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I'm new to the forums so I'd like to start by saying a huge hello to everyone Very Happy . I've joined because I unfortunatelyrtunately have the same problems with my Vitara as has been described here many times and I'm hoping that you good people may be able to help me out.
So, lets start at the beginning. Two weeks ago I was picking my daughter up from school and came back to a rather unhappy Zook. I'd been running errands for the missus all day, got to the school and had sat with the radio on 10 mins then walked over and came back. When I tried to fire her up the starter turned over very lazily 3 or 4 time then died. Guessing the battery was dead I phoned my father-in-law who is a mechanic and he came to rescue us. We tried the jump leads and still no joy so we ended up towing her to his garage. He's checked everything he can in terms of the mechanical side, the fuel system, heater plugs, injectors and everythikg else he could think of. All seems fine. The problem is he's more of an old school mechanic and doesn't have much experience with chip based electronics. I'm now findind it very difficult to find a garage/auto electrician that is wiling to even try and look at it, I tell them it's an older Vitara and then no one wants to know. I even had one tell me 'it's not worth getting involved' with my Zook. We've tried all the tricks with the keys we can find, and are just at a brick wall now.
We were hoping not to have to bypass but it's looking more and more like thats going to be the only solution (as far as I can tell I have the right immobilizer type to do this if required), at least until after christmas when I can afford to look at replacing the
ECU/Immobilizer/transpoder ring.
Thanks for bearing with me through this somewhat long post. Anything you good people can suggest would be hugely appreciated.
brooke22
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: suzuki Reply with quote

Hi can some one or admin please pm me my coil light is flashing and car wont turn on, its a Suzuki grand vitara 1999 how do I bypass the immobiliser. Any help will be appreciated, thanks
Xpajun
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 3245

1988 Mitsubishi Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to love this thread....

So many join Difflock just to ask the one question...

And then disappear again Shocked

Such wonderful people to support the forum in this way...
The F
Gate Opener

Odometer: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody,

It seems I too am a 'wonderful person', please dont hate me for it, I only ask for help Embarassed

Does anybody know if the immobiliser bypass works on a 2.0 petrol model? If so, might one of you kind folk be so kind as to send me the info please. Ive only had the car a day and it cut out mid way around a corner, never to start again. Immobiliser light is on.

Thank you Very Happy
rhinoman
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 3277

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesn't, I don't believe that it works on the TD either, I've been struggling with one of those for a couple of weeks now. The petrol engine versions I can fix without too much difficultly, drop me a PM for details.
Is the immobiliser light flashing? it shouldn't cut out while running because the immo is only read at key on.

2000 Vitara 4u2, 3+3 lift, 33s, winch, safari rack, steel front axle and 5:83 R&Ps, LWB brakes
1986 SJ413K Pickup, 1.6 conversion
2006 Jimny JLX+, stock
The F
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I'll pm in a moment. The immobiliser light and engine light are both on continuous, no flashing. I plugged a code reader in earlier but there weren't any codes present.
Zombie00
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, everyone, I'm here for the same reason everyone is. My 1998 2.0TDI Grand Vitara is giving me a hard time and everything points toward the immobilizer unit. It has a Denzo ECU and a Mazda engine, so the "fix" should work (as long as the immo is actually the source of the problem, we'll have to try and see).
So, if anyone can PM me the instructions to bypass it, I'd be deeply thankful.

Xpajun wrote:
Got to love this thread....

So many join Difflock just to ask the one question...

And then disappear again Shocked

Such wonderful people to support the forum in this way...

I know that feeling as I participate on a whole bunch of Internet forums and I have never seen with good eyes people that come just to get something fixed or simply to sell something and never come back. But please bear with me (and many of us on the same situation), the trick to bypass the immobilizer seems impossible to find anywhere else (trust me, I've been googling for days).
4x4bigstu
Articulating

Odometer: 655

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to have to bump this thread up again but I have the same sort of problem.

My dads lost his key for his 98 gv td, we have a spare key that came with it but it is a non chipped one.

I'm hoping the bypass mod will solve the problem.

Would somebody please pm me the instructions please.
Smile

Want to test out your offroad driving skills try
http://www.challengesouthwest.co.uk/
trebor
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing as everyone else here it seems.
Car won't start. Turns over but just doesn't fire.
No starting problems at all since I've had it ( GV 2.0 TD 2002 )
About 2 weeks ago it happened, left it for a couple of minutes, then started no problem. Just got worse and worse since then. Now, it just cranks over but doesn't start. From what I've seen here, could be the Immo.
Can anyone please send me the immo bypass instructions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: