FORUM CLASSIFIEDS DIFFLOCK.com Links & Networks
Forum Homepage
Log in
Profile
Search
Private Messages
Forum Members
Register
Classified Ads
Search Ads
Place New Ad
My ads
Place your classified
ads here for FREE
NB: Adverts placed in the general
forum areas will be deleted
Difflock Homepage
Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407


tyre/tyres and wheels

 
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Wheels and Tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bobjs
Just got MTs


Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Odometer: 318
Location: TIDWORTH HANTS



PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: tyre/tyres and wheels Reply with quote

hi lads

if i wanted the change tyres or tyres and wheels, what can i use

i have a 20 l 52 plated vitara lwb td.

its running on

235/60/16

now i think i have to have 16" rims to clear the break disc caliper etc, but what i am after is a tyre that will be ok on the road 80% and the other 20% will be on the tracks fields and hills nothing to muddy as its just for shooting etc.

so what could i use on the rims i have or what can i get wheel wise so that i can find a tyre with the right tred.

i hope this makes sence.

regards

bob.

__________________________________
JUST GET ON AND DO IT, we can fix it later,Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mr Tyre
Mud Obsessed


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Odometer: 4895
Location: Darlington Co Durham



PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to go for 215/65R16 tyres on your current rims.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Munkee
Off-Road Guru


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Odometer: 1505
Location: Hampshire


1999 Suzuki Vitara

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Tyre wrote:
You want to go for 215/65R16 tyres on your current rims.


Why? He'll have the 7" rims.

bobjs, find the tread you want, then see if you can get it in the size you need. Loads available in 16".

__________________________________
Steve

In America, some fundamental Christians believe that the world is only 5000 years old, In England, some of us drink in pubs older than that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr Tyre
Mud Obsessed


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Odometer: 4895
Location: Darlington Co Durham



PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munkee wrote:
Mr Tyre wrote:
You want to go for 215/65R16 tyres on your current rims.


Why? He'll have the 7" rims.

bobjs, find the tread you want, then see if you can get it in the size you need. Loads available in 16".


Y?It's a 80% on road 20% off road, the size is a Freelander and other vehicles fitment the range is very good, they will go on his rim width.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobjs
Just got MTs


Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Odometer: 318
Location: TIDWORTH HANTS



PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Tyre wrote:
Munkee wrote:
Mr Tyre wrote:
You want to go for 215/65R16 tyres on your current rims.


Why? He'll have the 7" rims.

bobjs, find the tread you want, then see if you can get it in the size you need. Loads available in 16".


Y?It's a 80% on road 20% off road, the size is a Freelander and other vehicles fitment the range is very good, they will go on his rim width.


hi mt T thank you i have two brand new tyres on the truck so ill move these on and try and find a tread i like with the sixe

zes you have said.

kind regards

bob.

ps if you have a tread in mind for my needs drop me a reply and ill see what i can find.

regards

bob.

__________________________________
JUST GET ON AND DO IT, we can fix it later,Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mr Tyre
Mud Obsessed


Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Odometer: 4895
Location: Darlington Co Durham



PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want something like this:
Continental CrossContact AT or
Yokohama Geolander GO12





Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Wheels and Tyres All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
Oil Safe

Adrian Flux 2019

Facebook

Service Kits

Specialist Tools

Join our mailing list for upcoming events, special offers, discount coupons and expert advice on the latest 4x4 products!

* indicates required





    
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group