FORUM CLASSIFIEDS DIFFLOCK.com Links & Networks
Forum Homepage
Log in
Profile
Search
Private Messages
Forum Members
Register
Classified Ads
Search Ads
Place New Ad
My ads
Place your classified
ads here for FREE
NB: Adverts placed in the general
forum areas will be deleted
Difflock Homepage
Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407


lj70 diffs

 
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Toyota
54mm TOYOTA Hub spanner now in stock!
CLICKY LINK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mudlux
Gate Opener


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Odometer: 48
Location: east yorks



PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: lj70 diffs Reply with quote

hi
does any one know if the early and later lj70s both ran the same ratio diffs?
ie will a diff from a round headlight match a square headlight vehicle?
cheers
martin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yorkshire Devil
Gate Opener


Joined: 29 Apr 2012
Odometer: 27




PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they ran the same diffs but the outer casings were different
__________________________________
www.yorkshire-suzuki.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robbo4x4
Gate Opener


Joined: 28 May 2008
Odometer: 26




PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Diffs Reply with quote

Hello,

UK 70 series land cruisers are 4.56-1 imports are usually 4.88-1, If you need a replacement diff I do have 2 4.88-1 diffs spare, (High pinion front standard pinion rear) PM me if there any good

Cheers
Robbo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mudlux
Gate Opener


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Odometer: 48
Location: east yorks



PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for the replies....its now oct and i just got a notification email today!..strange...must be a glitch with the forum!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mudlux
Gate Opener


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Odometer: 48
Location: east yorks



PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorkshire Devil wrote:
Yes they ran the same diffs but the outer casings were different


different as in ...just look different or wont fit? cos im fairly sure ive recently fitted a rear diff from an early model into a later axle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mudlux
Gate Opener


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Odometer: 48
Location: east yorks



PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Diffs Reply with quote

robbo4x4 wrote:
Hello,

UK 70 series land cruisers are 4.56-1 imports are usually 4.88-1, If you need a replacement diff I do have 2 4.88-1 diffs spare, (High pinion front standard pinion rear) PM me if there any good

Cheers
Robbo


cheers for the offer, but managed to pick up a rolling chassis and and a spare couple of axles...i think all early type
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ben_uk
Just got MTs


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Odometer: 358
Location: Previously shropshire, now Melbourne Australia!



PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudlux wrote:
Yorkshire Devil wrote:
Yes they ran the same diffs but the outer casings were different


different as in ...just look different or wont fit? cos im fairly sure i've recently fitted a rear diff from an early model into a later axle


The actual diffs are the same its the casings that are different as the earlier LJ70's and later face lifted ones ran different suspension setups. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mudlux
Gate Opener


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Odometer: 48
Location: east yorks



PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ben_uk wrote:
mudlux wrote:
Yorkshire Devil wrote:
Yes they ran the same diffs but the outer casings were different


different as in ...just look different or wont fit? cos im fairly sure i've recently fitted a rear diff from an early model into a later axle


The actual diffs are the same its the casings that are different as the earlier LJ70's and later face lifted ones ran different suspension setups. :wink:


..you mean the axle casings, not the diff casings?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ben_uk
Just got MTs


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Odometer: 358
Location: Previously shropshire, now Melbourne Australia!



PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sorry been living in Australia too long. Embarassed

Everything is called different things over here.

We call an axle an axle where as over here an axle is a half shaft. etc. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Toyota All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
Facebook

Specialist Tools

Service Kits

Oil Safe

Adrian Flux 2017

Join our mailing list for upcoming events, special offers, discount coupons and expert advice on the latest 4x4 products!

* indicates required





    
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group