Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

300 tdi twin tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> LPG, Bio Diesel and Alternative Fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minibreaker
Just got MTs

Odometer: 277

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: 300 tdi twin tank Reply with quote

hi ged..lol
so i listened to what you said and cant find a decent suply of bio so i am going to twin tank. will this be ok in my truck in winter. i am looking at running a wvo tank in the boot which will have 2 12v heaters in the tank and then that will run to the heated fuel filter then to the negine all with change over valves in to start and stop on diesel.
1st question Do i really need my viscouse fan as it keeps the engine well under cooled??
2nd question can i then run 100% veg or willit need thinning still
3rd question is vegi boost really worth a look

i do appreciate the time people spend answering all my daft questions cheers

its GED

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 300 tdi twin tank Reply with quote

sorry, only just seen this.

minibreaker wrote:
hi ged..lol
so i listened to what you said and cant find a decent suply of bio so i am going to twin tank.

how much are you looking for at a time. i may be able to help

Nathaniel is the man for twin tank info. from what i can gather, he has done many.

the problem is, you are still running wvo. and it needs filtering. in this weather, can you filter enough? i filtered 200L down to 1 micron two weeks ago. didnt take long, as fast as i was pouring it in, it was coming out the other end (nearly). i went out yesterday to fill the car up and had to put the whole 200L through again. this time it took all night to empty one, 1 micron sock. The difference? 5 deg in ambient temp.the filterbags were full of fats that passed through two weeks ago. this will be the problem in the twin tank. the overnight temp could gell the oil in the tank. ok, the tank is heated, but the problem there is that 12v heaters take a while to get going. you are either going to have to be obsessive over your filtering, or run twin tank SVO until it warms up in march.

i wouldnt disconnect the viscous fan. Landrover have spent a fortune on R&D, what makes you think you know better? how much is it to get the head gasket done?

thinning, do you really want to add petrol to a system with a heat source in? that is contained INSIDE the vehicle>?

veggiboost. some say yes, some say no. it breaks down the long chain molecules and boosts the cetane rating of veg oil, allowing it to burn better in the cylinders. so does petrol, acetone, white spirit ect.............

i`m about to go for my second full tank containing acetone. will let you know what happens.

speak to graeme for cheap(er) svo.

try get Nat to give you landrover and twin tank advice. he`s the man. for advice on veg at a molecular level, speak to terence.

for veg oil, speak to me Wink
its GED

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, and if you want to run WVO all year round..........

buy a ssangyong. Wink
minibreaker
Just got MTs

Odometer: 277

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want a musso lol.. i kno what you are saying about the filtering as it took me 3 days to filter 40 litres but i think i have fine tuned it enough to have good oil.i alos think i will be running a tank in the boot with veg and it will be heated as you say. i am not sure about all this mixing with petrol as i dont like the ideaof exploding. i am thinking of running an imersion heater in the oil then thru a heated fuel filter

oh and the fan can stay as i changed the stat today and it heats up well now and does it rather cuick so thats good.
hopefully nathaniel wil be along to give some advice but keep me posted on the acetone thing

its GED

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look on the ssangyong forum, theres a very low mileage one just come up for 1500 squid. very cheap.

10% petrol thins wvo by 50%.......

can a lawn rover handle petrol?
its GED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shhhhh..................!

im looking for one of these...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> LPG, Bio Diesel and Alternative Fuels All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: