Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

Something to make you cringe.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
markrumsey
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2176

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Something to make you cringe. Reply with quote

I'm not a Jeep fan, its Land Rovers for me all the way. But even I cringed when I stumbled across this. The Jeep heritage does not deserve this sacrelidge.

They call it a 'fuel efficient SUV', but its nothing more than a reskinned and retrimmed Dodge Caliber. And if that's not bad enough, its not even 4 wheel drive! Click the pic for the full horrific details.
mrstu
Winch Assistant

Odometer: 55

1997 Jeep Cherokee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does have a 4x4 option and many other Jeeps have been offered in 2x4 configuration. The XJ Cherokee was available in the state as 2x4. Might appeal to the freelander types.

Stu.
markrumsey
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 2176

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Freelander does have one big advantage over the Compass. The Freelander has a 4x4 system that works off road and enough ground clearance to let it work. Looking at the Compass I think the 4x4 is more of an an on road type system like the Audi Quattro and there doesn't appear to be much ground clearance.
maebelone
Just got MTs

Odometer: 332

2003 Jeep Wrangler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Compass Reply with quote

I was test Driving for Land Rover when The Freelander was a secret vehicle . When you are in the test biz you rarely see the best vehicle condition. I have a friend at Chrysler proving grounds I kept asking Him what about that CVT gearbox. I guess from all else on that Compass Jeep the gearbox was intended to get some kind of advantage. Not sure how that will be in the long run. When I was at Land Rover they had Just finished testing their version of a CVT in a Rover Car called the TomCat. Never have seen it on the market at all Here In the U.S.A. Did you ever come across one of those Tom Cats ? The test vehicles we had seem to Go through a Lot of Gearbox faults with that CVT never heard if any was made to sell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bazza_413
Just got MTs

Odometer: 258

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tom Cast was the Rover 200 turbo coupe, had one for 18 months and no box problems.
maebelone
Just got MTs

Odometer: 332

2003 Jeep Wrangler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Well Sure enough Reply with quote

That's interesting 18 months you say. Durability testing is a stepped up version of what a customer is expected to drive a vehicle over the Life span and a bit beyond. We tend to Put on an average of 8 to 10 thousand miles a month. If the target miles are needed in as short a time as possible. Three shifts will drive it 24 hours a day. Typically a vehicle on 24 hour shifts can be driven for 3 to 9 months. Accruing about the average for a three to four year span of driving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Jeep All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: