Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

Looking for wiring diagram

View previous topic :: View next topic  
93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

Odometer: 14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Looking for wiring diagram Reply with quote

I need a good wiring diagram for 1.6 carb. I have searched on Baxter's site and also found a few others but nothing matches up to what I have. Mine is a LHD 93 1.6 carb and I guess is a Canadian version?? I don't know for sure and I really don't know how to tell but I have alot of wires that seem to be missing from all the other diagrams I have found.

My fuse box is 100% different than any info I have found. It all seems to be original as well other than some wire splices for a stereo.
Rotordogg
Just got MTs

Odometer: 180

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, What part of the world are you in??
Giovanni
Just got MTs

Odometer: 438
Location: Enderley,Hamilton,North Island,New Zealand,South Pacific.

1988 Lada Niva

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.
Is there anything actually electrically wrong with yours or do you just want a wiring diagram for future trouble shooting?
Personally I find most wiring diagrams are useless as they are for other world markets other than the one I working on.Since the Niva has basic wiring it is very easy to trace your wiring from point A to point B.I beleive the wiring colour codes should follow through amongst the different versions.

73 de 41-HN3800 / CEF-195 / SAS-1173 / ZL1PO / ZMT5152
baxter
Articulating

Odometer: 647

1990 Lada Niva

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

giovanni wrote:
Personally I find most wiring diagrams are useless as they are for other world markets other than the one I working on.

Aye; I hate never being able to a 100% correct wiring diagram for JDM cars.

Thankfully the early Nivas were wired in Russia with very little changes for markets (if any?) on the early ones at least, so the basic wiring is the same as far as I was aware.

Perhaps the later carby wiring is different from the earlier ones? Try the manuals on GB's site maybe.

93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here is New Brunswick, Canada. I have all sorts of little wiring problems that I cannot trace back. All the fuses on mine seem to be different than any diagram I've seen.

Like #1 fuse on the big fuse box is empty on mine. It should be for stop lights? I checked mine and they work. It seems like everything on mine is backwards. I've been all over GB's site, wicked info. The guys on lada.uk helped me out alot with info now it's time to check here to see if someone has the same wiring as me.

here is a pic of my fuse box. Does anyone have the same? I just want to make sure everything is plugged into where is should be. Then I can relax and start tracing things. No point in tracing wires if their messed up right from the start!

I also have some extra wires at my ignition switch which I think is causing the most confusion. I have and extra set of blue with black tracer. Which on is suppost to go the pin #15? The one with the inline fuse or the blue and black without the fuse and where would the extra blue and black go? It was hooked up before to something.

Giovanni
Just got MTs

1988 Lada Niva

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I found the same issue with my fuse box assemblies.
With them old type of fuse boxes it pays to remove all the fuses.Now with some emery paper or a small wire brush clean and shine up the fuse holder contacts. Now bend the fuse holder contacts in towards each other so that when the fuses are reinstalled they will be held in place with more tension.
When all fuses are safely back in place apply some INOX or similar product which will assist in preventing future issues at the fuse box i.e.melt down.

You may find many extra connectors and wiring do not apply to your Niva.

Niva without factory fitted electronics control devises i.e. EFI,emission control etc, I tend to test all the lights,switches etc,etc and if all the basic electricals are still working tie or tape out of the way any surplus wires and connectors.

This is especially so in the engine bay if the headlamp wiper/washers are removed and the carburator idle electrics disconnected much wiring can be pruned and cut out.

93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright I've almost had it will this wiring madness and it's almost ready to be driven into a river!!!

My alternator used to charge now it doesn't. The waring light comes on and stays on but the original owner said it was because the alternator had been change for a different style or something like that. So here is the alty I have. What is the proper way to hook this style up and have to charge light work properly.

And does anyone know what this black box is? I think it's something to do with my hight beams. I turn the high beams on and it buzzes. My head light also are not working at the moment.
Giovanni
Just got MTs

1988 Lada Niva

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stud terminal is the battery positive
(wire brush/clean up/WD40 that stud then check that the retaining nut is tight.)
Left hand lucar spade terminal = to one side of insulated charge warning lamp the other side going to ignition +
Right hand lucar spade terminal= battery + sense
Internal thread= optional earth wire termination point

93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that sounds good. I will try that because something's not making sense.

So I hook the left side terminal to the charge light(black wire) from the relay, then another wire to battery +.

Then right side spayed just to battery +

Is that what you mean?

This nothing like how it's wiring in now. They had it

left side spayed going to a big orange wire going into fuse #10.
ride side spayed going into a yellow wire for the charge relay.

Is this right to?
93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?? Do I still use the charge light relay?
Giovanni
Just got MTs

1988 Lada Niva

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What charge light relay?I stripped my Niva and anything electrical which is nonessential,charge light relay included.I always modify the charge warning lamp circut.I replace the original warning lamp bulb holder with a insulated one.Then one side of the bulb goes to ignition and the otherside of the charge warning lamp bulb going to the alternator warning lamp terminal.
One other thing is with that Delco alternator, my wiring code may be incorrect.I will confirm that today.But if you get it reversed the alternator want be damaged it just want work.

93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I sort of get it. Where is my original warning lamp bulb holder? And what is an insulated one? I know it's probably sounds really dump but i don't know the terms very well. It's probably called something different here in Canada, who knows.

So then one side would go to ignition +(constant or just with key on)?Then the other side goes to one side of the 2 pins on my alty. I will have to switch them around if it's not working, as you said.

The the other pin from the alty just goes to battery + post? I think i got it, I'm getting close. Thanks taking you time with me!
bertie_bas205
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 4388

1985 Land Rover 90nad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Try a post in the lounge or 4x4 section...

There is someone on here that does wireing diagrams, i cant remember who it was...

Worth a go..

Bertie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright so tonight I think I've found the problem with my wiring nightmare. I have a spare harness that I had from a previous Niva 1.6 carb. I started looking at the fuse boxes and noticed that 90% of the wire colors on the harness in the car were completely backward from the spare harness.

At first I didn't really notice but someone must have changed both fuse boxes but installed every wire backwards! They must have been holding it wrong and checking the diagram, I don't know. Anyway I noticed that my black wire from the ignition cylinder was going to fuse #10 with the big alternator wire! I then looked at fuse #1 and found the big blue with black tracer that should have been where the black ignition wires were and vice versa. Then I started looking at all the lights and wipers and found everything backwards. I still had things lighting up and working but only half working.

I unplugged everything from my fuse box and installed every wire at the fuse box again but this time looking at a life size wire harness(my spare harness). I didn't get a chance to run it though and see if everything now works because I still have figure out how to bypass my charge light relay with my internally regulated alty.

I don't understand how I connect one side of the alty to the charge warning light and the other side of the charge light to a switch power. I need like a diagram or something. I know there is a black wire off the old charge relay that goes directly into the charge light, what I don't get is where is "the other side" of it?
gadgetboy
Off-Road Guru

Odometer: 1947

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the 1700 repair manual. It has an internally regulated alty.
nivaman
Articulating

Odometer: 929

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

93_jdm_fd wrote:

And does anyone know what this black box is? I think it's something to do with my hight beams. I turn the high beams on and it buzzes. My head light also are not working at the moment.

That box is the indicator relay

93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the other box just beside in, you can kind of see it in the pic?
nivaman
Articulating

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry just looked again at the pic closely, is yours lhd?, i think the other box is the indicator relay, you can see the earth point above it.
The box you mention i think is in the engine room of the 1.6 rhd niva, seems to me not many ppl know what it does.
I think it could be the intermitant wiper relay???.

93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I'm not sure what it is? The grounds you mention, the black are grounds and white with black also grounds? I removed that plastic peice they sit on and grounded them right to the firewall. Is that plastic thing there for reason, will that effect how they ground?
nivaman
Articulating

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

93_jdm_fd wrote:
yeah I'm not sure what it is? The grounds you mention, the black are grounds and white with black also grounds? I removed that plastic peice they sit on and grounded them right to the firewall. Is that plastic thing there for reason, will that effect how they ground?

The grounds look standard, i would think it is just a spacer block so you shouldnt have to worry about it.
Have a look around for another Niva or a scrap Niva and see if you can glean some info looking at them.

93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have searched around and put ads up looking for a Niva. I don't know why! I really love them though, they're worth the headache.

Anyway in one of pics ^^up there, the one with the ignition cylinder. What is the extra wire with the little inline connector bulb thing? I haven't found any diagram so far that has this. I have a complete spare wire harness and it has it to. The white wire turns into pink and then goes to the brake bottle cap. The blue wire I think goes up into the gauge cluster area. If I need it what pin on the ignition do I hook it up to?
93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what this box is? I know it does something with my oxygen sensor but do I need it? I want to clean the entire wire harness up and get rid of everything I don't need. I just want it to start, lights and heat!

Also what is this?

Here is some before shots. I don't know if there will be any after shots. This is really starting to get the best of me!

Giovanni
Just got MTs

1988 Lada Niva

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

93_jdm_fd wrote:
Anyway in one of pics ^^up there, the one with the ignition cylinder. What is the extra wire with the little inline connector bulb thing? ?

That could possibly be an inline fuse holder.The ends may either unscrew or push and turn to seperate.I do not envy the job you have undertaken.Pick away at it bit by bit and you should make good progress.

93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gonna get the basics for wiring and stick with that. I have all kinds of wiring for headlight wires and alarm modules, 3 extra relays for who knows what, some ignition gizmo wiring inline with existing coil wire? It's all going in the trash

Ignition, lights, and a heater, maybe some wipers. That's it.
93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I'm almost complete on my new simple wire harness. Just a few more little things.

One thing is the little computer box under my passenger seat. It is there for my 02 sensor and the two sensors on my carb. Does anyone have a diagram as to where the power and ground wires will go? They way they were hooked up before was a mess and probably not right.

I cannot find a diagram anywhere with this module unit at all?
half1
Gate Opener

Odometer: 16

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: wiring and other stuff Reply with quote

This site may help .you need to translate but it has everything on it
http://www.autoprospect.ru/vaz/21213-niva/21-eh...oborudovanie.html
93_jdm_fd
Gate Opener

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.autoprospect.ru/vaz/21213-niva/21-1-...ie-svedeniya.html

This I think is even more backwards than my fuse box was? What is this for? I thought that the number 10 fuse is for the ignition 15 and alternator charge?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Lada All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: