Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

lpg tank in a disco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> LPG, Bio Diesel and Alternative Fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big col
Just got MTs

Odometer: 192

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: lpg tank in a disco Reply with quote

my 3.9 disco has 36 ltr underslung tanks could i put a 3rd 80ltr tank in the boot Confused thanks colin
pam
Off-Road Guru

Odometer: 1016

1998 Land Rover Defender

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason why not Colin if you can fit it in and don't mind losing loadspace. Presume you are looking for maximum mileage between fills. I had a 3 tank system in my 1989 Rangie - twin sill tanks and a 40L (if memory correct) in the boot (longways down one side, where the toolkit usually goes). As I recall I got around 240 miles out of them. Only downside was the slow fill time as sometimes it seemed to take ages to fill every tank - although that could have been down to the size of pipes and type of filler I was using.

Now have a single 90l (70 to fill) tank in my 90 and get 185 miles, which is OK on the mpg but less range than I'd like but don't have space for more tankage. Fortunately I have 2 gas stations on or close to my route to work so range not often an issue.
Disco Sev

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Disco had twin underslung 30L tanks and the range wasn't great as you can imagine. I wasn't at all keen on losing load space so I removed the petrol tank and fitted a smaller one under the rear wing. I then got a 70 odd litre tank underneath. More than doubling the range. Much better!
All tanks have large type fill hoses so depending on pump pressure it takes around 2mins to fill.
webber1982
Just got MTs

Odometer: 367

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can have as many tanks as you like i converted an american motor home and put 5 tanks on it and its comin back for a 6 th as long as you put 1 way valves on the out let of each tank its against regs to let 1 tank flow into another which they will do if there at diffrent levels or pressures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> LPG, Bio Diesel and Alternative Fuels All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: