Online Shop
Contact Us
FAQ
Calendar
Garage
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Advertise With Us - Reach your target market by advertising on the Difflock.com forum.
Click here or call 0845 125 9407

Unimog Mogfest Meetings 2008

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MogfestStu
Gate Opener

Odometer: 10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Unimog Mogfest Meetings 2008 Reply with quote

Difflock Moggers,

For the last three years I’ve organised a Unimog ‘Mogfest’ meeting each June at Astwood Bank, Worcestershire. Last year’s meeting was the best yet with twelve vehicles attending over the weekend. Well for 2008 myself and other Unimog owners intend to hold three Unimog meetings as listed below. The big change for 2008 is that, unfortunately, we do not intend to meet at Astwood Bank Vintage Gathering, the reason being that this event clashes with the 15th anniversary meeting of the Unimog Club of Gaggenau, Germany to which the three current meeting organisers are intending to visit. Instead the Midland Mogfest meeting has been rescheduled for July at the Stourport-on-Severn Vintage Steam Rally. This has the added attraction of a 4x4 course on site.

2008 Meet Programme

17 - 18 May 2008 Round Timber Club Reunion and Merrist Wood Open Day near Guildford

13 - 15 June 2008 15th Anniversary Meeting of Unimog Club of Gaggenau, Gaggenau, Germany

12 - 13 July 2008 Fourth Midlands Mogfest at Coney Green Farm, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire.

September 2008 Date TBD Second Alconbury Mogfest

More information and conditions of entry etc can be found on www.mogfest.co.uk.

We look forward to seeing you at our Mogfest meetings 2008.

Regards,

Stuart
U411 1965
U411 1971
Anthony BathMat Rushton
Mud Obsessed

Odometer: 3749

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mate..

welcome to the forum
quite a few forum members are going to 'mogstock'

http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=22326

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger eBay Name
minimog
Off-Road Guru

Odometer: 1700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi long time hows the mogs going have you got your running chassis finished yet have to see if i can get down to atleast one of the days
and welcome to the forum keep posting as your knowlege of mogs has been great and a inspration on how to restore and keep them going

"IF IT CARNT BE FIXED WITH A BIG HAMMER"
IT MUST BE AN ELECTRICAL FAULT"
MogfestStu
Gate Opener

Odometer: 10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome to the forum from you both.

Thanks too to Minimog for the comments. Unfortunately, I've made little progress with the rolling chassis over the last three years. That said, it continues to get a lot of attention at shows in its current condition and so I'm somewhat reluctant to "put its clothes back on". . Minimog, how are you doing with your second 411? I think the last topic we discussed was springs. Did you get standard lower rate front springs for your ex-VF1 or did you just take off the check-straps? We look forward to seeing you and other forum members at our meetings

My yellow ex-Schmidt VF1 is on the road again but isn't running too well at present - a pig to start, acrid exhaust and low on power. I've rebuilt the engine bottom end, had all fuel system components checked out and timed the injection as accurately as possible, but it's still not right somehow. The rolling chassis starts on half a pull after being idle for 6 months outside, the VF1 cranks for ever and just starts, if you're lucky!

Talking of Schmidt VF1s, have you seen the one on eBay at present? I suspect it's A C Price in Ingleton who are the vendors. A general note to VF1 enthusiasts: I have a Schmidt parts manual and some spare items if anyone needs them.

Unfortunately I've just noticed that our Merrist Wood meet clashes with Jim's Mogstock. Sorry about that, but MW Open Day is fixed each year. Hopefully as they're a significant distance apart, particularly in Unimog terms, then they'll probably attract moggers from different parts of the country. Anyone know of any other meets specifically for Mogs?

Cheers,

Stu
minimog
Off-Road Guru

Odometer: 1700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i managed to get some original standard springs from germany andrae pistorus (great chap and way better than westfields) i also use mogparts which are great for the 411
as for the mog on ebay yes it is. it need a hell of a lot of work(new cab floor donkey engine needs unsiezing and gearbox is siezed) hes looking over £2000 for it which is not bad when the last ones on eblag was reserved prices in the £4000 region
as for my lwb"mogwhy" thats being done as my offroad toy because its a bit longer has no body and i wont feel so bad if i roll it as for the minimog im just having fun taking it out and keeping it as standard as possible because it will sell beter if i decide to move up to a larger mog (u1000 upwards)

"IF IT CARNT BE FIXED WITH A BIG HAMMER"
IT MUST BE AN ELECTRICAL FAULT"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Difflock Forum Index -> Mercedes & Unimog All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: